ebay card fraud

B

B.O.B DOLE

i have just had a e mail sent to me from paypal thanking me for payment and it says i have bought 2 masterbators for $1865 which i have not is there a scam going on

Sponsored Links
Dunno, but be careful if you get to a screen asking for your paypal details. Normal way I check them out is to type in any old sh*te first of all at login, and if you then get through to the next screen you know its a scam.

In fact, go in through www.paypal.com (but re-open your browser and type it in) and you can check your history.

It's a scam - I don't need mas*urbators anyway!!

Don't click on anything in the e-mail. Don't allow them to access your data.

Delete it immediately and think no more of it.

I don't have $1850 GBP (whatever currency that is.....) anyway.

Yup, it's a fraud. A friend had this one last week, we searched on Google for "paypal phish", and found a load of stuff about it.

Presumably, you click on the link and it takes you to a site where gullible fools will tap in their card details "to report the mistake"

Either that or it installs some spyware that steals your credit card details when you are next buying on the net.

Sponsored Links
i seem to be getting sent them left right and centre at the moment, theyre all codswollop

I dont EVER use my PC email addy thats for important stuff from my ISP (+their spam ,lol)
anyway I use disposable email addies ,

I have for the 6months been going too a few "Grey Hat Tech Forum Sites"

which has taught me about scams ,phishing /cracking/hackors/botting=pinging/spoofing /card spoofing/making trojans=defeating an destroying replicating ones/virus making =destroying the replicating virus exes /setting up anony web sites an forums=chats an using anonymous tunnelled servers to protect your surfing habits/using a trojan to use hacked pcs as a server =password dump =credit card dump =an how to remain free from this menace /making an sending worms =an destroying them before a bot sniffs your puter online

I must say it is really frightening to think what others (dumbass script kiddies) are upto online .........
I think Information is paramount when you surf nowadays ..

I have ezAntivrus running permanently, as well as the firewall built into XP.

In addition, I have Spybot S&D and AdAwareSE, which I try to run at least once a week.

I avoid microsoft products as far as practical, my browser is FireFox and my email client is Thunderbird.

Whatever email client you use, set it to block images by default - this is very good protection from spam. When a spam site sends you a mail with an embedded picture, they can track that you have read the pic from where it is hosted on their site, therefore confirming your email address as "live". With blocked pictures, they will eventually assume that your email address isn't valid. If you do trust the email, a simply click on "display images" will show it in full.

Most people are now educated enough to spot "phishing" emails a mile off. I now ignore anything purporting to be from eBay or PayPal unless it's a bid confirmation or watch list update.

Further to my last reply, it dawned on me I've been a bit slack and not run the two utilities mentioned for about 10 days to two weeks, and look! ....

ScreenHunter_026.jpg

ScreenHunter_027.jpg

I have now been able to kill off the "baddies" listed, if you don't have anti-spyware just imagine how much is riddled onto your machine by now!

Sponsored Links
Back