EIC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, could anyone please post a picture of a completed Electrical Installation Certificate conforming to the latest regulations. Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi, could anyone please post a picture of a completed Electrical Installation Certificate conforming to the latest regulations. Many thanks.
You have a copy of one in your OSG.

Why what parts are you struggling with?
A completed form and schedules may not offer the help you need, if you don't know why certain parts have been filled in the the way they have.

Sponsored Links
I'm starting to get a bad feeling about all of this

Hi, when installing an immersion heater circuit is it acceptable to have the switch in the airing cupboard beside the cylinder or should there be another one in a more obvious position? Also at what point does a roofspace become a converted attic in regard to wiring mains wired smoke detectors? Is it only when there is a fixed staircase leading up to it? Many thanks.
Hi, can anyone tell me if I am right in thinking that a spur off a 32 Amp ring circuit is acceptable even though the 2.5 twin and earth cable wouldnt be adequately protected against overload. Some of the sockets in my house have 3 sets of cables and some only have 1. Many thanks.

Isnt there a fire risk on the spur due to lack of overload protection?
Hi, I have an existing 6mm TandE cable, at the consumer unit the sheath is white, at the other end, in the loft, the sheath is grey. The cable is dead. The cable is obviously joined somewhere. My question is, if the cable tests ok ie insulation resistance, continuity etc would you guys be happy to connect it to an 8.5kw shower or due to the hidden jb would you rather not? Many thanks.
Mate the worx mini handy cut is brilliant. Bought one from B&Q for 90 quid a couple of months ago. More than enough power, does a neat tidy job and is easier to control than one of the big ones. Great for lifting floor boards. A sparks tool.

I,m a second year apprentice looking for some advice. I've always found this site extremely helpful through the course of my apprenticeship and will continue to ask questions to some experienced and knowledgable electricians to try to help further my education. Many thanks.

I,m a second year apprentice looking for some advice. I've always found this site extremely helpful through the course of my apprenticeship and will continue to ask questions to some experienced and knowledgable electricians to try to help further my education. Many thanks.
You don't say what your apprenticeship is in - but if, as part of it, you are working on domestic electrical installations as some of your previous posts suggest then at the very least you should personally own the On Site Guide around £20 and whoever your are the apprentice to should have a copy of the IEE wiring regulations.
As I said there is a copy of a completed EIC in the OSG - the big question though as PrenticeBoyofDerry raised is whether you can understand what the purpose of each element of the EIC is - in particular the Schedule of Test results.

I own a copy of the on site guide, a copy of the regs and an excellent book by a man called John Whitfield, all of which I bought myself. The jobs I have previously posted on have been from my own home or jobs I have been to with my company. I will always try to improve my knowledge, hopefully this site will continue to be of good use in the future.

I own a copy of the on site guide, a copy of the regs and an excellent book by a man called John Whitfield, all of which I bought myself. The jobs I have previously posted on have been from my own home or jobs I have been to with my company. I will always try to improve my knowledge, hopefully this site will continue to be of good use in the future.
Well then I cannot understand why you have to ask this forum for a copy of a completed EIC.
You have the OSG, so you have one available.
You work for a company (one assumes electrical), there must hundreds of copies of EIC's in their records.
Very odd! :confused:

Nothing odd about it mate, just wanted to see another one. Dont know why you guys get your knickers in a twist so often.

Because there are so many people out there claiming to be electricians, charging customers when they haven't got the first clue what they are doing.

I've invested a lot of time and money over the years getting the proper training and qualifications to ensure that I do a good, safe, and compliant job for all my customers. It really does infuriate me what I have to follow in someone who hasn't got the first clue what they're doing and try and put it all right for the poor customer.

This website is designed to help DIYers with there problem. It is not a substitue for proper training and experience to allow chancers to bungle their way through masqurading as an electrician by asking questions as and when they think of them.

You don't say what your apprenticeship is in - but if, as part of it, you are working on domestic electrical installations as some of your previous posts suggest then at the very least you should personally own the On Site Guide around £20 and whoever your are the apprentice to should have a copy of the IEE wiring regulations.
And a guide to the Building Regulations.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back