EICR follow up

I wonder just how many other inspections this company have carried out to this standard, and how many customers think their installation is in good safe working order when it really isn't.

Quite. Has it been reported to NAPIT? If not, please do so.

Sponsored Links
I wonder just how many other inspections this company have carried out to this standard, and how many customers think their installation is in good safe working order when it really isn't.
Possibly all the ones who didn't have the sense to realise that using an electrical contractor recommended by the seller is a daft idea.

Quite. Has it been reported to NAPIT? If not, please do so.

A fair point but I'm leaving it there. I got a refund and will have the test done again for my peace of mind. No desire to take on a company or an electrician that knows where I live.

They only use this one guy so I requested a refund, which to their credit, they obliged today.
You've still possibly paid over the odds for the property.

Hopefully not. Electrics is only one part of the sale and I did expect some upgrade on it. Survey supported the valuation and one since gone up in the street with even older interior, no extension and +£20k.

Possibly all the ones who didn't have the sense to realise that using an electrical contractor recommended by the seller is a daft idea.

It wasn't the seller himself who recommended, rather the lettings agent linked to the estate agent. Yes, there was probably a link there and so some naïvety on my part, but I certainly wouldn't have used an electrician recommended direct from seller.

Sponsored Links
That's an unfortunate "I'm alright jack" attitude. I think it's very likely that this so-called electrician has made a career of fabricating reports, and not only are people being conned out of hundreds of pounds, but some are exposed to real dangers. We've helped you by pointing out the falsehoods. Be a bit public-spirited and help out the other future victims. It would not take long.

No desire to take on a company or an electrician that knows where I live.
So as well as knowing that they are defrauding people and possibly causing people to be exposed to lethal dangers you fear that they are violent thugs?

Oh well, at least the incoming PME supply feeder cable appears to be in a perfect condition.:D:D:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back