electric ceiling heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi does anyone know about electric ceiling heating if it is more expensive to run than gas central heating and maintainence? cheers, pep

Sponsored Links
what do you mean by electric ceiling heating? Sounds awful.

In general, electric heating is much more expensive to run than gas, hence the continued popularity of storage heaters, which use cheaper night rate electric, and the growing popularity of heat pumps, which can be 400% efficient, but are still very expensive.

Gas obviously has the maintenance bills for you to worry about, but the cheaper cost of gas outweighs this by far. ;) You have gas, use it.

Ripped out ceiling heating in a block of flats in the 80s, consisted of heater mats lying on the plasterboard and contolled by a room stat, as heat rises I never understood the reasoning behind it

some one i know still has it, but i dont see him that much, he says its ok.

but i would never recomend it

Sponsored Links
hi pepene
i fit a lot of ceiling heating in new build medium secure buildings. in my experience the thermostats have to be turned up to maxium to try and draw the heat down in the rooms. for an average size room you need about 1kw of ceiling heating, less on smaller rooms. if you muliply that buy how many rooms you want to cover you can imagine the cost !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back