Electric Meter

Sponsored Links
Those aren't the issues people are complaining about. The issue is it's a device that can control the supply, unlike a meter and there have been widespread abuses alleged against energy firms who can switch you to pre-pay without your permission. Saying its "Just a meter" repeatedly, doesn't change the fact that it isn't.

Who would consent to having a device installed that could be remotely switched to pre-pay on a higher tariff, without your permission?

The industry even use the misleading term "self-disconnect" to describe consumers who don't top up there meters and lose supply.

The industry even use the misleading term "self-disconnect" to describe consumers who don't top up there meters and lose supply.
Who would have thought, people that repeatedly don't pay for their energy, eventually being cut off.

Happened throughout history boyo.
:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Who would have thought people who dispute erroneous bills with their energy supplier would be cut off and fined without having to be taken to court.

It isn't. It's the nonsense reasons (against) put forward by the tinfoil hatters that are idiotic.
What the fact that they are very problematic and having to be changed at a far far higher percentage than standard meters ?

Why is not wanting a smart meter a conspiracy theory???
It isn't the not wanting one that's the issue. It's the fact some believe it is all part of big brother control and some admin person at a desk will be able to disconnect your supply on a whim.

Utter conspiracy nonsense.

I reckon all this smart meter roll out is some type of big brother / state way of spying on the population

Some fruit cake some where will cut yer gas or leccy off on a whim than charge a massive fee to reinstate the supply

Would not surprise me to find out that the Russians are involved in the caper :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Tis a conspiracy

I reckon all this smart meter roll out is some type of big brother / state way of spying on the population

Some fruit cake some where will cut yer gas or leccy off on a whim than charge a massive fee to reinstate the supply

Would not surprise me to find out that the Russians are involved in the caper :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Tis a conspiracy
I think you have summed up the thoughts of the tinfoil anti-SM's on here nicely. Good post.(y)

Tis a conspiracy
Probably your best post ever.

But to temper that, you do have a low bar

It isn't the not wanting one that's the issue. It's the fact some believe it is all part of big brother control and some admin person at a desk will be able to disconnect your supply on a whim.

Utter conspiracy nonsense.
Apart from all the cases currently under investigation

Sponsored Links
Back