electrical compliance certificate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Would any one be able to tell me if when an electrician has worked on a house do they have to issue a certificate to state compliance with part p.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
The council came to put new heating controls in and spurred off a plug in the kids bedroom. But now the plug does not sit on the wall properly and there is a gap. Which i fear the kids could poke there finger in to.

You need to get onto the Council and get them to come back and finish the job off properly.

Sponsored Links
Its not about him coming back to finish the job.....
Its about the risk of electrocution..

There is no way he should of left the house with the socket in that condition

I want to report him to who ever is surpassed to regulate this.. because he has left exposed live terminals in a childs bedroom.

It's hard to say without seeing the socket in question, but it sounds to me like you're overreacting. The socket is probably fitted in a shallow backbox and the extra wires for the spur have caused the fitting to push away from the wall. It doesn't sound like a very professional job, but if it's just a millimetre or two then the chances of electricution are slim.

Get them back in to look at the job and evaluate their own mistakes, it would seem very unfair to report the guy without giving him a chance.

I want to report him to who ever is surpassed to regulate this.. because he has left exposed live terminals in a childs bedroom.

If you are that concerned either :-

-Call the council and get someone back to correct it

-Sort it out yourself if you feel competant to do so

-Get an independant sparky to sort it out.

Reporting someone will not solve the danger you have described, now stop whinging and do something positive....and don't you dare mention the 'c' word.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back