Electrical installation from 1950s

IMGP1935-1.jpg

IMGP1934.jpg

Here's an early DP FCU

IMGP1939-1.jpg

IMGP1940-2.jpg

IMGP1941-1.jpg

Sponsored Links

This is EXACTLY what I've been looking out for - I have never even seen a picture or drawing of a 13A socket with dolly switch before.

Is that a brass faceplate too?

Yes I believe it was at one point Brass but has gone dull with age, I've never had chance to take one of these sockets off but they look a lot like the light switched that where made by Crabtree.
Wish I could have got in before they closed the depot and rescued some of this gear.

Sponsored Links
Don't fancy changing my kitchen switched fused spurs for the ones like RF have shown us.

Anyone know why there's four holes on the fuse 'modules'? Are these to fit a tool to unscrew the cover? Don't imagine you would need a tool.

Or is it like the mysterious hole that Bic biros used to have (don't think they have them now)?

I recall the holes were to allow test probes to see if the fuse was blown. My uncle had a couple of similar ones in his shed. Probably had to be 4 holes to ensure there was a hole over both terminals no matter where the cap stopped ( jammed ) while being tightened. I also recall one that had jammed and the cover had to be cracked in half to replace the fuse.

The hole in the biro was to allow the ink to leak out and ruin the shirt pocket. :mrgreen:

Pen cap hole to prevent (?) child / person from choking if cap inhaled...
:idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back