(Electrician's) Tools of choice

atm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just starting my collection and i know there is lots to get however i am putting together a small set everyday on the job hand tools (drivers/pliers/strippers etc.. am staying away from shop brands so what brand would you recommend please.. something that will last?

thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
I use Bahco for side cutters, pliers, long nose pliers etc and Irazola for insulated screwdrivers.

Snap On, if you've got the money to spend :) (not sure how many leccy type tools they make mind, tends to be mechanics stuff)

irazola screwdrivers.
everything else ck,except the sandvik hacksaw

Sponsored Links
My tools: (slightly out of date, but you get the idea)

IMGP2153.jpg

Im fed up with my insulated screwdrivers the blades keep snapping and ive used most brands.
I tend to use Stanley fat max drivers now and insulate them with PVC tape.
I hav some of the Irwin vise-grip pliers and they are good quality and of reasnoble price too.

I use Bahco for side cutters, pliers, long nose pliers etc and Irazola for insulated screwdrivers.

Bahco are great, expensive but probably worth it if you dont have an apprentice that will 'eat your tools' they have the lifetime guarantee

Bahco are great, expensive but probably worth it if you dont have an apprentice that will 'eat your tools' they have the lifetime guarantee

Normally I would only replace a set when I've blown a hole in them. They can handle most things but not hundreds, or thousands of amps!

Getting all of your tools out for a pic - now that is sad - or proffessional dedication.

Do you have big hands !!
I would reccomend the big red handled knipex 1000v range,
pliers,cutters,etc
From RS they are not cheap though.
RS

Beat me to it Barnam :!:

RF I hope you have a suitably robust Apprentice for carrying that lot for you.

One of my old mans "tests" for his potential apprentices was to have them run 100 yards with the tool bag and dig a trench 3ft long and 18 inches deep.

Oh the good old days :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back