Energy saving lightbulbs - do they get brighter?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've fitted an energy saving lightbulb in the hallway and when I turn it on it's quite dull but aftera minute or so it appears to get brighter - is this true or is it just my old eyes?!

Ta

Simon

Sponsored Links
Yes they do take some time to reach full brightness. The lower the wattage the longer they tend to take. Regardless of this negative, there are so many positives I suggest you get a whole lot more and fit them throughout your house.

They are the bee's knee's, i'v got one on my landing and it stays on all night 7 days a week for the little one's in case they need to go to the toilet, they are on about 12 hours a day and they last for age's :D when the last one went i put in an normal one in and it lasted about 2 weeks, so i bought a nother one, and after 2 month it's still going :D

Sponsored Links
200 in the hall?
WOW.
You must have a large hall.
I only need one hundred and ninety nine in mine

My hall one is on 24/7. It came from my old house.

I moved on 13/06/99.....

I'll put my OSRAM hat on again, guys... :LOL:

securespark said:

I moved on 13/06/99.....

I'll put my OSRAM hat on again, guys... :LOL:
I bet you've stickied the light switches up to stop people turning it off, cos i bet once it goes off, it wont come back on . . . ;)

Hold on, you've not had a power cut in 8 years?

securespark said:

How tight are you?

Taking out all the light bulbs (lamps) when you moved house :LOL: :LOL:

Did you take the door handles and bath taps too?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back