Engine Oil

Screw in core plugs.
Thanks, Mottie. So they ain't genner pop when the coolant freezes, are they? :eek:

yes, very ornamental. You can also get dome nuts which are not quite so pretty (and do not have extra space in case the stud should be a bit on the long side).

The big-looking nuts on the cam covers are just sleeve nuts with decoratively huge heads. You can take them off with your fingers.

The spark plugs are in deep wells to make it easier for oil, dirt and small parts to fall down the holes. The valves are large, and their stems are hollow and filled with sodium, claimed to take the heat away better.

Very interesting. I guess those sparkplug wells are not the only ones that suffer from this sort of design, though. That pair of twin-draught Webers, were you able to tune them yourself? Some folk seem to be able to do this without hitch, for others an out-of-tune pair of 40 DCOEs can stimulate an unscheduled bowel-movement. :oops:

Sponsored Links
My model didn't have them. Not so sporty. It had a twin-choke downdraft. solex, I think it was?

Sponsored Links
Back