"Equal" pay rant!

• Thread starter Deleted member 307320
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
As I said, they haven't discussed money yet
Well, she’s either in for a shock or a nice surprise when the invoice is presented. To save your reputation, it might be wise for you to have a chat with her before that happens. Explain the predicament.

Sponsored Links
I recommended her as an apprentice, I expected her to expect an apprentice wage!

Life tip: you cannot control others. Let it wash over you.

As for "salty", wouldn't you be put out if you'd recommended someone only to find out they had completely unrealistic expectations?!

They're not "expectations"; they've been realised.

They're not "unrealistic"; they've been realised.

The client will either be happy, or they won't. Which is out of your control now.

Let it go.

So why are you getting shirty?

If the customer pays up, then is the time to discuss your terms.

Or, just keep sucking lemons.

(You might find that the customer laughs at them, in which case, you can settle back, with a satisfied grin).

About 5 /6 years ago . Our local council paid apprentices (trade and office based) good money just over 8 quid an hour the office workers kicked up that there was not a big enough pay gap they were on about £8.60 an hour . So instead of the union fighting to get them a pay rise they dropped new start apprentices money by about 3 quid an hour . Labour council and unions doing this you couldnt make it up
Of all the things that never happened…..

Well, she’s either in for a shock or a nice surprise when the invoice is presented. To save your reputation, it might be wise for you to have a chat with her before that happens. Explain the predicament.

Yeah, that's the plan

Life tip: you cannot control others. Let it wash over you.

They're not "expectations"; they've been realised.

They're not "unrealistic"; they've been realised.

The client will either be happy, or they won't. Which is out of your control now.

Let it go.
As I've explained several times they have NOT been realised, they won't be until she sends in an excessively large invoice

Maybe they're happy to pay her more cos she's got decent set of knockers :unsure:

Did you mention that before, maybe I missed it. No PO then?

You recommended her as an apprentice, so is it actually an apprenticeship or some made up position to pay less. Of not, then she is just another freelancer and should be paid the same.

Did you mention that before, maybe I missed it. No PO then?

You recommended her as an apprentice, so is it actually an apprenticeship or some made up position to pay less. Of not, then she is just another freelancer and should be paid the same.

So someone with no experience and very few skills should be paid the same as someone with experience and a large skillset?

Seriously?!

Yes if you are doing the same job. If you are using your experience and providing more at the request of the client you should charge more.

I work in the same industry as you and for over twice as long as you, should I charge double your rate?

If you ask me to stack and blend multiple projectors I would charge more than if you asked me to look after a breakout room with a TV and laptop. That is me charging for my experience and for something that requires more skill.

Sponsored Links
Back