Especially crass TV adverts

Kes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Well, most TV adverts are crass, and those involving cars are more crass, but there's one that's been shown for the last few weeks that's beyond crassness.

There's a city with skyscrapers, and pedestrians. The sound of powerful jet engines, and the pedestrians look up to the sky. At first I thought that this was a trailer for a 9/11 programme, but it's an advert for a Saab car!

So the advert agency did a presentation to Saab execs and said we'll run this in September, and they all said Yes, that's great! I begin to wonder if I'm on the right planet.

The advert was run yesterday (9/10), I wonder if it will be run today, or has run already?

Rgds.

Sponsored Links
Kes said:
Hi,
So the advert agency did a presentation to Saab execs and said we'll run this in September, and they all said Yes, that's great! I begin to wonder if I'm on the right planet.

The advert was run yesterday (9/10), I wonder if it will be run today, or has run already?
It's an old one, have seen it before earlier this year and if memory serves even last year.

Worst adverts are those with a JML voiceover - describing everything as "excellent" and "brilliant" (dont they know this is just silly - who's going to take any notice of manufacturer's claims that their own product is excellent?) and Barry Scott from Cillit Bang gets up my nose real bad. :evil: But, this cheap advertising does sell products it seems.

Oh yes, the Cillit Bang ad is a classic indeed.

Within 3 seconds of HI, I'M BARRY SCOTT

You think to yourself where did I leave my AK-47?

Sponsored Links
Eddie M said:
Oh yes, the Cillit Bang ad is a classic indeed.

Within 3 seconds of HI, I'M BARRY SCOTT

You think to yourself where did I leave my AK-47?
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: YES!!!!! LOL!!!!!

And the "pink power" adverts - vanish oxy action. Not quite so "home shopping cheap" but still annoying. The massive tub of water she pours the oxy powder into, thats made to look like a washing machine . . . :rolleyes:

commercials that advertise loans make me puke.

apart from the fact that they are very dull, they make being in debt easy.

"consolidate your debts into one easy manigeable payment" blah, blah, blah.

i was unfortunate enough to have to watch daytime t.v. and be exposed to the non stop loans crap, every interval.

it says something about their target audience doesn't it?

Have you ever watched an advert and thought, yep must get that? I can't say that I have so whats the point.

Most people pick up the remote and surf for the duration of the adverts. Trouble is most channels now sync their ad breaks, most annoying :evil:

noseall said:
i was unfortunate enough to have to watch daytime t.v. and be exposed to the non stop loans rubbish, every interval.

I had to endure a whole month of this when I broke my ankle. I was glad to get back to work. :eek:

The programmes were almost as mind numbing as the loan ads

Have you had an accident? Unsure if you have a claim for compensation? Worried about hidden costs? Now, there is no need to worry.

(that fat bloke with the beard and a worryingly deep voice)

That lie detector one is just ridiculous. I just want to slap that woman who's asking that poor guy all the questions "please, remember where you are!" she says! Nobody expects the spanish inquistion. :LOL:

crafty1289 said:
Nobody expects the spanish inquistion. :LOL:
they should if they are a monty python fan

Oh "barry scott" is not really Barry Scott his name is Neil Burgess, don't believe me, see here

oh want to see the ad remix? see here

actually im getting a ****ed off with the cadbury adds during corrie, maybe one day with all this hi tec we will be able to skip the adds

most adverts are annoyin and i normally flick thru the other channels. altho the advert for some bank (cant remember which one) with the fat bloke who just doesnt care about customers isnt too bad

never seen the pink power ad, never heard of barry scott, never seen cadbury ad during corrie, and I aim to keep it that way!

The reason for the saab advert (but no excuse) is that saab make planes.

Had one once, should have been shot down!

:)

Sponsored Links
Back