Especially crass TV adverts

Eddie M said:
Oh yes, the Cillit Bang ad is a classic indeed.

Within 3 seconds of HI, I'M BARRY SCOTT

You think to yourself where did I leave my AK-47?
reminds me of the Rolls washing machine ads on the old 405 line monochrome tv........anyone else old/silly enough to remember them :LOL:

Sponsored Links
The one that gets my goat at the moment involves some hair stuff for the ladies, but starts off with Melanie Sykes saying 'The things I do to keep my skin hydrated....'. She then pours out a glass of water and looks ruefully at it.

The advert then goes through its normal spiel, and then ends with 'If only they could invent something for my skin' - cue another rueful look at the glass of water.

Its not like she's some Ethiopian who's had to walk through the desert for a day to get this glass of water !!! Its a glass of water - not much of a bl**dy tortuous regime, is it now........

And another one, whilst I'm at it, that doesn't exactly annoy me, but alway makes me mutter a bit. It is for Subway and the setting is obviously American and is dubbed over. The man is walking outside a shopping plaza, looks in his wallet and says something like 'Nightmare - I haven't got enough for a sandwich'. A genie voice then says 'Yes you have', a puff of smoke appears from the wallet, and he looks back in and says 'But I've still got the same as before' after which you get the explanation of how cheap subs are at Subway.

Now, in his original American setting, if he looked in his wallet, he could see $1, $2, $3, $4 or whatever, so he could be excused for thinking he didn't have enough for a sandwich, but when you move it to the UK, the smallest ammount he will be looking at is a fiver. Which is always enough for a Sandwich. Always. So it doesn't work.

Maybe I shouldn't think so deeply about these things.......

Sponsored Links
Picture loans ads are annoying with the brainless wives and the smug men in it [incidentally paying £42k over 18months for borrowing £25 isn't the cleverest thing to do!].....
and that one with vacant women talking about toilet tissue drives me insane.....

Those adverts where the kids are pretending to be adults talking about their cars - I just want to throw my shoe at the screen.

Mind you, most car adverts are rubbish, considering how much the firms spend on them. Honda/BMW are honourable exceptions, maybe VW as well.

BTFFan said:
Those adverts where the kids are pretending to be adults talking about their cars - I just want to throw my shoe at the screen.
the Zafira adverts are funny. for the first 10 or so times!

and I like the Honda adverts, the diesel adverts "oh isnt it just bliss, when a diesel goes like this . . . " wish mine did! :LOL:

that one a while ago, i think it was honda, with the car parts laid out on the floor, all hitting each other in sequence. think someone linked to the video on here once. That was a good one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=118Lh7jnHXI

the one with the choir

Honda had a "red button" interactive on one of their adverts recently. It led to playing all of their recent ads including the diesel one, the choir one, the dream the impossible dream one and the fally down hit something else one :) :)

ohh cheers guys and galls getting back to how it used to be
a bit fun and crack (for the yanks) we used to chew the fat and shoot the breeze ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

quatro said:
Picture loans ads are annoying with the brainless wives and the smug men in it [incidentally paying £42k over 18months for borrowing £25 isn't the cleverest thing to do!].....
and that one with vacant women talking about toilet tissue drives me insane.....

Hmm, that's steep!! Did you mean 25K?????

Not really an ad, 'cos Auntie isn't allowed to advertise, but apparently thoese really irritating "idents" (the bits in between programmes, you know, the various dancers pratting about for about 30 seconds) are to be replaced by things like hippo's swimming in a circle.

Sponsored Links
Back