EU firms refuse UK deliveries over Brexit tax changes

Which the UK could have done in 2015, but MPs voted against it.

Well, according to some sources, not particularly convincing one's, they seem to suggest that EU law prevented them being subject to less than 5% VAT but I don't honestly know if that's true. I CBA to research it.

Sponsored Links
There are 195 countries in the world. The Uk government wants every company in each of those 195 to register with the UK government. Obviously not every company in the world will export to the uk.
It is a unique system, unlike any other country uses, so even if a company exports to the USA, they need a different system for the UK.

Well, according to some sources, not particularly convincing one's, they seem to suggest that EU law prevented them being subject to less than 5% VAT but I don't honestly know if that's true. I CBA to research it.
RoI did not have VAT on sanitary products. They're in EU.
As you said there are flimsy arguments blaming the EU for the VAT. And they are flimsy and inaccurate.
Similar to full VAT rate on fitness facilities. The UK blame the EU for it, but there are lower levels of VAT that could have been applied, without involving any discussion with EU.
Let's see what UK do about VAT on fitness facilities now.

Sponsored Links
Same as Pulse fishing.
Claimed as a "Brexit Bonus" but banned in France 6 months ago.

Oh Mottie and with the added costs of legal services not being recognised the costs of licensing also went up.

This will be fun. :mrgreen:
Oh Gally. Look at the site. It’s just a place that sells 'bits' for Dutch style bikes. They make nothing themselves so it’s not as if it’s selling OE parts for a specific bike. I can’t imagine the U.K. market being a significant percentage of their sales anyway, I mean, how many Dutch style bikes do you see over here? Be honest. I reckon they are just making a sour grapes stance as they’ve probably got a remainer in charge who has the 'ump!

"a remainer"? They are a Dutch company. Based in the Netherlands.
Actually, Dutch style bikes are very popular.

"a remainer"?
Actually, Dutch style bikes are very popular.

Okay then, a Dutch firm that wanted the UK to remain in the EU.

Dutch style bikes may be popular but they are a very small percentage of the U.K. market. And, let’s be honest, mostly ridden by women. Nothing against women riding Dutch style bikes, but how many women riders of Dutch style bikes go in for fitting accessories to them? As I said, not a very big market.

Mottie doen't care.
Told you I do care. I care about you falling asleep at the wheel or losing your job because you travel from Scotland to East London twice a week to visit friends and family. Can’t they visit you occasionally?

Oh Gally. Look at the site. It’s just a place that sells 'bits' for Dutch style bikes. They make nothing themselves so it’s not as if it’s selling OE parts for a specific bike. I can’t imagine the U.K. market being a significant percentage of their sales anyway, I mean, how many Dutch style bikes do you see over here? Be honest. I reckon they are just making a sour grapes stance as they’ve probably got a remainer in charge who has the 'ump!

So you gone from licensing to screw them who cares? That means you are saying screw you to all the UK owners, enthusiasts etc who bought their products, thus making their investments worthless or taking a big hit.

You really didn't think it through other than Brexit lets stick it to them foreigners. :ROFLMAO:

There is no charge to register for UK VAT for an overseas online shop so I think that is a mistake on Bikebits behalf. Also given that our VAT is a smidge over 1% less than theirs in Holland they could be missing a trick on making a few bob on the difference. As far as the end user goes, it is a massive bonus, has anybody ever wandered off to the Post Office to pay duty on something they have bought overseas? Yup they slam you with an admin fee to cover the cost of collecting the duty and this fee is often way in excess of the duty to be paid. This is surely a bonus of the new system that, as I understand it, was to "level the playing field" on imports now that The EU is effectively the same as the rest of the world?
Major players in the online have all remained the same as far as the end user is concerned. I doubt Bikebits accountant would charge them anymore either?

Sponsored Links
Back