UK DTI Advice - Set up in the EU -

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well there you have it, our own Government Advice is now to set up in the EU to avoid the problems with cross border trade. Is this some Black Mirror episode? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...dvised-government-officials-set-up-shop-in-eu

British businesses that export to the continent are being encouraged by government trade advisers to set up separate companies inside the EU in order to get around extra charges, paperwork and taxes resulting from Brexit, the Observer can reveal.

Referring to discussions with a senior DIT adviser on trade, Moss said: “This guy talked complete sense. What I said to him was, have I got another choice [other than to set up a company abroad]? He confirmed that he couldn’t see another way. He told me that what I was thinking of doing was the right thing, that he could see no other option. He did not see this as a teething problem. He said he had to be careful what he said, but he was very clear.”

Moss said it was now clear that Brexit was not about winning back control from the EU but investing in it to survive.

Sponsored Links
Geoffrey Betts, managing director of Stewart Superior Ltd, a company in Marlow, Bucks, which sells office supplies to UK and continental customers, said he had also decided to set up a company in the Netherlands for the same reasons.

And yet they export to America and various other continents, without problem and without the need for an overseas facility, curious.

3bu1cg.jpg

Geoffrey Betts, managing director of Stewart Superior Ltd, a company in Marlow, Bucks, which sells office supplies to UK and continental customers, said he had also decided to set up a company in the Netherlands for the same reasons.

And yet they export to America and various other continents, without problem and without the need for an overseas facility, curious.

They don't want to export to the EU as a third country with all the added costs. You just proved the point why they want to set up in the EU.

You got the Brexit you wanted.This is it. We are a third country with all the added costs.

Sponsored Links
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55786974

UK retailers who export to the EU have also complained about being hit with unsustainable costs when customers in the bloc return goods bought online. This is due to new customs clearance charges incurred by shipping firms.

Some retailers have even warned they could burn clothes stuck at borders as it is cheaper than bringing them home.

However, experts say EU firms exporting to the UK - which currently enjoy a grace period over the imposition of some rules - will soon face the same issues.

So business falls to the EU, it's not going to materialise with other countries- you need to market to them, perhaps find local agents- all added costs and time to find new customers.On top exporting to ROW will cost more in transport costs.

Brexit is putting sanctions on ourself.

Back