UK firms told 'set up in EU to avoid trade disruption'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
"UK firms that export to the EU say they are being encouraged by the government to set up subsidiaries in the bloc to avoid disruption under new trade rules.
Firms have been hit by extra charges, taxes and paperwork, leading some to stop exporting to the EU altogether.
But several say they have been told that setting up hubs in Europe would minimise the disruption, even if it means moving investment out of the UK."

Well who'd have thought it :rolleyes:

"The Department for International Trade said it was "not government policy"

Just the inevitable consequences...

Ask rees mogg!

Sponsored Links
"UK firms that export to the EU say they are being encouraged by the government to set up subsidiaries in the bloc to avoid disruption under new trade rules.
Firms have been hit by extra charges, taxes and paperwork, leading some to stop exporting to the EU altogether.
But several say they have been told that setting up hubs in Europe would minimise the disruption, even if it means moving investment out of the UK."

Well who'd have thought it :rolleyes:

"The Department for International Trade said it was "not government policy"

Just the inevitable consequences...

Ask rees mogg!

Have you just woke up? Been on night shifts at the care home this week? One of the other EU good news posters has beaten you to it.

https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/uk-dti-advice-set-up-in-the-eu.562466/

Last edited:
I think the OP has gone looking for more 'news' to post up. Trouble is, he can’t find yesterday’s newspaper! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
I think the OP has gone looking for more 'news' to post up. Trouble is, he's lost yesterday’s newspaper! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

True story, I was on Scilly for a week, anchored at Green Bay, Bryher. One day we went to St Mary and in one of the shops I said to the lady 'do you have any newspapers' to which she replied 'do you want yesterdays or todays', naturally I said 'todays' and she said 'you'll have to come back tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
its worth post twice for a bit of fishing

its had a few bites :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

its worth post twice for a bit of fishing

its had a few bites :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Yeah, sometimes we feel sorry for Lally. She doesn’t get a lot of support to the posts she starts, even from her homies.

Brexit - a pile of poo.

Get Brexit Done, lol.
The usual trolls don't get it...

But hey that's apparently a symptom of covid/brexit...

Confusion amongst the elderly ;)

Oh look...

Mastercard to push up fees for UK purchases from EU

"Mastercard is to raise the fees it charges merchants when UK cardholders buy goods and services online from the EU by fivefold.
It has sparked fears that consumer prices could rise if merchants choose to pass on those costs, especially on items not available from UK retailers.
Transactions with airlines, hotels, car rentals and holiday firms based in the EU could all be affected.
The credit card giant attributed the move to the UK leaving the EU."

And just to think, the average EU contribution per person was only approx £120 a year...

Here we go, first, the jingoistic, racist, inward-looking Oxford-elitist little-Englander UK vaccine deal.

upload_2021-1-25_19-38-21.png

Next, the cooperative, enlightened, internationalist, EU vaccine deal.

upload_2021-1-25_19-38-55.png

(disclosure: shamelessly ripped from the twittersphere)

Confusion amongst the elderly
Stop making excuses for yourself. I’m pretty sure you are advanced in years, probably one of the oldest on here. Still, feel free to post a photo of yourself so that you can prove you’re the young buck you think you are. Go on, ignore the golden rule of the cowardly troll and break cover. :)

Last edited:
Woody's posting fake news gleaned from twitter, and he believes it. Gullible or what? Nothing unusual in that.
The Oxford AstraZeneca decided to break its contract with EU and provide much fewer than the contracted agreement.
Last Friday, the company AstraZeneca surprisingly informed the Commission and the European Union Member States that it intends to supply considerably fewer doses in the coming weeks than agreed and announced.

The European Union has pre-financed the development of the vaccine and the production and wants to see the return.
The answers of the company have not been satisfactory so far.

The European Union wants the ordered and pre-financed doses to be delivered as soon as possible. And we want our contract to be fully fulfilled.

In addition, the Commission has today proposed to the 27 Member States in the Steering Board that an export transparency mechanism will be put in place as soon as possible.

The European Union has supported the rapid development and production of several vaccines against COVID-19 with a total of €2.7 billion.

We want clarity on transactions and full transparency concerning the export of vaccines from the EU.

In the future, all companies producing vaccines against COVID-19 in the EU will have to provide early notification whenever they want to export vaccines to third countries.
Unfortunately woody in his wisdom can't differentiate between EU's third countries, and the usual perception of third world countries, such is his gullibility.

It would interesting to know what Boris is going to do about this Irish sea border which he claims doesn't exist.
I got a parcel from England with a customs declaration on it, Garden centres cant get British soil because the EU have banned it,
digital editor

Gardeners snagged by farcical new Irish Sea border rule as British soil is banned from Northern Ireland because of Brexit – and harmful peat is promoted

The Irish Sea border has led to a ban on even tiny quantities of British soil being brought into Northern Ireland and is perversely incentivising the destruction of the environment, the owner of a major garden centre has warned, businesses which have been importing products from GB for generations are in danger of going out of business.
When the Covid emergency is over i was thinking of going to Scotland, i thought of bringing my dog as well, i have now learnt that getting the dog into Scotland is no problem but to get him back into N. Ireland a vet certificate costing 140 quid is required also an AntiRabies injection for protection against a disease which doesn't exist in the British Isles and in some cases Quarantine may be required.
The full implications of this so called 'border' are only starting to unfold.

Last edited:
Brexit will make economic recovery from Covid even more painful.

Brexit - pile of poo.

Get Brexit Done, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back