Euro 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's at least a dozen people down my street that are in the same boat. I know we have to clean the air up but it would have been much fairer if say, when they announced it, they had given an exemption to all cars already registered in the ULEZ on the day before (but not any registered after) and let them naturally be replaced as and when they expire or people could afford to replace them. A sliding scale perhaps but its too late for all that now. At least it would give people time to plan for a replacement and not lead to a big glut of ULEZ non-compliant cars at the end of August. I'm just peeved that I have to get rid of a perfectly good car and I'm lucky in that I can afford another one but there are thousands of low-paid labour voting workers in the upcoming ULEZ who can't afford to replace them and need them for work. I can imagine the hate and loss of votes Khan will be getting from them. Looks like London is in for a Tory Mayor next time round!
I think most low paid Labour supporters probably struggle to live in ULEZ zones and probably can't afford to run a car anyway. More likely public transport users.

But you feel free to bring politics into it.

Sponsored Links
I think most low paid Labour supporters probably struggle to live in ULEZ zones and probably can't afford to run a car anyway. More likely public transport users.

But you feel free to bring politics into it.
You think? Maybe not so many in the original ULEZ but certainly many more in the London Boroughs that it is being extended to. What area do you live in?

Sponsored Links
For petrol users (and maybe diesel too) it’s worth checking your emissions before scrapping; the Euro standard and the TfL threshold are not identical. This may be the same for the other cities too.

I have a 2004 petrol Focus that came up as needing to pay the London ULEZ daily charge. However the emissions did meet the criteria set out by TfL, just not the Euro standard.
An emailed scan of the logbook to them resulted in a reply telling me that my car was indeed exempt from the charge and it now shows as such on their ULEZ website.
Same with my Honda CBR.

Dear Ad
Our Ref: TFL-XXXXXXXXX
Customer Account Number: N/A

Thank you for your recent correspondence received 11 March 2021, about the Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ).

Based on the information that you have provided we can confirm that your vehicle, registration WX54XXX is subject to the ULEZ and meets the emission standards.
This means you do not have to pay the ULEZ charge to travel in the zone.

IMPORTANT NOTICE
The compliance status of your vehicle for the Ultra Low Emission Zone has been calculated based on the information you provided. It is your responsibility to ensure the information you provide is accurate. Every effort is made to ensure that the information we provide you is correct at the date of our response. However, we provide no warranty as to the accuracy of the information and accept no legal liability or responsibility for its accuracy. If you are in any doubt over your vehicle's Euro emission standard, please refer to your vehicle registration document - also known as a V5C - or contact your vehicle manufacturer.

If you have any questions, please visit our website at tfl.gov.uk/ulez.

Easiest way to know if a particular vehicle is charged or not charged is put the reg into the online checker.

www.gov.uk/clean-air-zones

The Bristol zone just started this week. I basically support it but, like most things, it has its flaws. The A4 Portway on the outskirts of town is also a major, and I mean major, route to the South and also connects Avonmouth. Bringing the A4 into the zone means people (By that I mean only poor people - those who can afford will be ok!) that don't even want to go into Bristol are forced to pay the charge. Most will take the alternative route, which is three or four times longer and follows an already massively congested section of the M5, which won't be that good for the clean air. Not sure why Bristol included the A4 in the zone? Some are suggesting it is to do with being a money-making scheme. A bit cynical really, I can't believe BCC would stoop so low.

I'm not convinced the current scheme will make any real difference to the air in Bristol. It is noticeable that the BCC aren't publishing the air quality measurements over the last couple of years - so people can compare. To make a real difference the City will need to reduce traffic considerably more than just eliminating poor people, which means at some point in the future the rules will be changed and some of the wealthier people might have to pay as well.

Easiest way to know if a particular vehicle is charged or not charged is put the reg into the online checker.
As I said above, don’t be surprised if it tells you your vehicle isn’t exempt when it in fact is.

Get the train. No congrstion charges. No parking issues. No parking charged
Yeah right. £600 for my wife and 2 daughters to travel from Carmarthen to Selby to attend my mother in law's funeral. they are going up in my "polluting" petrol car.

Yeah right. £600 for my wife and 2 daughters to travel from Carmarthen to Selby to attend my mother in law's funeral. they are going up in my "polluting" petrol car.
Or, a mate of mine who was recently travelling from Littleborough (a few miles beyond Rochdale) to Manchester, Oxford Road every day a few months back. It took him 35 to 40 minutes each way by train and cost about £35 a week - against that driving that takes 1 hour or more each way, costs £12 to £15 a day and on top of that parking is £7.50 a day where he parks. In those circumstances the train is a no brainer and if I am travelling anywhere regularly I invariably use the train, as it is almost always much, much cheaper and faster. Less stressful, too

Quoting an oddball one-off long distance journey booked without notice as though that is typical of rail fares is as valid as quoting the price you'd get for a Manchester to Dublin flight on Ryan Air if you did the same sort of deal and turned up a couple of hours before the flight

For petrol users (and maybe diesel too) it’s worth checking your emissions before scrapping; the Euro standard and the TfL threshold are not identical. This may be the same for the other cities too.

I have a 2004 petrol Focus that came up as needing to pay the London ULEZ daily charge. However the emissions did meet the criteria set out by TfL, just not the Euro standard.
An emailed scan of the logbook to them resulted in a reply telling me that my car was indeed exempt from the charge and it now shows as such on their ULEZ website.
Same with my Honda CBR.
Who did you write to?

If it is who the majority voted for, and he is eligible to stand, then he is the correct person, whether you like it or not. It's how democracy works.
So you accept the Brexit referendum result? Many on here don't so perhaps you could give them that advice when they next bitch about the result.

Mottie will be able to tell you how democracy works
Simples. The biggest number of votes win. End of. Don't spend 4 years bitching about it, complaining about it, challenging it in court. Accept it, move on and make the best of it unless you belong to a DIY forum and then you can spend six years (and counting) arguing about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back