Euro Sec PR5648

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I’m having issues with my home alarm. It’s a Euro sec PR5648, I may have part set the downstairs without knowing as the alarm only triggers once I go upstairs, the lights on 2 of the 3 sensors downstairs are flashing but 1 is not, I changed the battery with no joy so I’m assuming I’ve part set it. The other issue is I would like to remove the 10yr old engineer code as I keep getting alerts to service with them on setting the alarm as I change the battery’s myself etc so would rather remove their codes as the factory setting codes do not work. Please help if you can. Thank you.

Attachments

• D7B04A3A-3ECC-4717-BE91-B8E340843B64.jpeg
    D7B04A3A-3ECC-4717-BE91-B8E340843B64.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 1,031
Sponsored Links
do you have the engineers code, if you set the alarm you can unset and reset any activations and how does it behave.

secondly PIR's illuminate when they have power to them normally unless they are wireless or have the leds disabled.

Hi thanks for the reply. I have my own code however the engineer set his own code which sets a reminder to call him for a service on setting the alarm. I do not have his code no just my own code to set the alarm. The pir’s all light up on testing by opening and touch the metal tester inside, Is there way to know if it’s part set downstairs?

Last edited:
Sorry but I don't understand why you don't do a walk test to test the PIR's?

The panel appears to be unset, with the wrong time and date on the keypad?

As for defaulting the panel or the codes, you should look in an installation manual firstly, be aware depending on how things have been setup by the engineer you may not be able to default the codes.

However this panel and keypad are relatively cheap to cheap to buy.

Sponsored Links
I have tested the system and it’s says everything is ok? I have adjusted the date and time, I don’t have a manual but I’m assuming the engineer set his code as the master code as I cannot remove his service msg however the alarm is not responding on entering the ground floor when coming in. Thanks again.

I am sorry but I still don't understand why you need to open up the PIR's to test them, a walk test is how you should initially test devices if there are no alerts on the keypad.

The keypad was showing UNSET !!!!

what devices do you have upstairs and down stairs?
How are you testing they are working?
Which devices are not working and are working based on your test criteria?

Also I don’t believe this one does a walk test it’s more of a system test which says all is ok. I have used other alarms that have the walk feature like the Yale premium alarm which the panel makes a noise when each pir is triggered. Is there a way to know if downstairs is part set ?

The panel keypad is showing UNSET?

Entering your user code it would disarm if it was set or part set.

Ok so when it’s part set of you set the alarm and leave on returning it’s in full set mode. That’s good to know thanks. So my issue cannot be that it’s part set on returning home 2 of the 3 pir’s flash but 1 doesn’t however on going upstairs that our triggers the alarm.

It’s a panel test like this image. I’m also setting the alarm and on return walking up to pir’s

Attachments

• E684BC0E-932E-4DCB-ADA7-59EBC30326C0.jpeg
    E684BC0E-932E-4DCB-ADA7-59EBC30326C0.jpeg
    143.6 KB · Views: 687
You have completely lost me.

Normally a full set is you set the alarm and leave the house.
Part set you normally part set the system and certain sensors wont work, ie hard wired PIR would illuminate but not cause an alarm if that sensor was omitted in a part set.

That's a walk test now you have to go round and activate each device.

the screen suggests you have tested all the zones?

by walking in front of PIR an it illuminating, a door contact by opening and closing the door
a shock sensor by tapping on the device or a hard thump on the frame its fixed to

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back