Euro Sec PR5648

Sponsored Links
Whilst turning the panel on test mode I opened pir’s downstairs and pressed the tester button, they all flash red but the panel stays the same, I walked upstairs to test the pir upstairs and it triggered a tamper alert now the alarm keeps saying tamper upstairs even when trying to set the alarm.

Oh dear someone messing around with something they have no idea of ! ....why would you open a device and start pressing buttons that you have no idea of what it does ...
Best thing you can do is get the installer back out , get it serviced and ask for the engineer code to be changed ...

I am wondering why the pirs are being opened to be tested.

tamper will be one of the devices you have opened and bot closed properly I suspect.

Sponsored Links
There is no other way to test these pir’s inside there is a metal part once clicked it shows you if the battery is working or not I don’t know any other way to test, there is nothing to push whilst case is on. However the tamper I can sort I’m just wondering why the alarm is not sounding on walking in the house especially on the ground floor.

Sparkymarky It’s not about messed around with I know how to take a pir case off and back on I’ve been changing the battery’s for over 10 years that’s not the issue but thanks for your input.

testing the batteries does not test the PIR to be fair.

a walk test tests the PIR to see if it picks you up.

pictures of the PIR's maybe useful as I believe this panel is hardwired normally.

If the service timer is turned on and you have being getting service required messages then the system will lock out within the 14 day time limit.you will then require the engineer code to reset the system.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 9697C71E-BB47-48C3-A4CF-EEA254B494E2.jpeg
    9697C71E-BB47-48C3-A4CF-EEA254B494E2.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 207
testing the batteries does not test the PIR to be fair.

a walk test tests the PIR to see if it picks you up.

pictures of the PIR's maybe useful as I believe this panel is hardwired normally.

That’s a cpx panel which can have wireless expansion...

If the service timer is turned on and you have being getting service required messages then the system will lock out within the 14 day time limit.you will then require the engineer code to reset the system.

So we are still back to getting it serviced and engineer code changed , if it’s been set for service timer no doubt it’s engineered locked !

Deffo engineer locked as unfortunately the guy set it like that to make sure you keep going back to him but I have not done that in 10 years and always dealt with it myself but this time the ground floor was playing up... the only functions I have are set time and date/test system/add user codes etc it may not be engineer locked but he has deffo put a code in to keep his phone number flashing for service.

I don't tend to do Eurosec and certainly never done a CPX.

I don't get how its only become a problem after 10 years?
It naughty really to lock a panel out, especially if a customer has paid for and owns the panel.

okay now we know what you have got, if the panel is locked you can get the engineer back if they are still trading?

Whether you take advice on whether they had the right to lock it is another matter and what you get charged should be no more than his usual call out fee or service.

If the engineer is available but doesn't want to resolve the lock out speak to CAB on where you go next.

if the engineer has gone to all that effort to lock you out, you probably wont be able to safely default the panel and regain control.

Thanks for all your help. I did discuss the lock feature with him and mentioned I don’t want a reminder of his phone number every time I set the alarm etc and he was trying to charge call out as soon as I noticed the problem within year 1 hence not really going back to him for anything else over the last 10 years etc I’ve even resulted in installing other systems for family members. I will give it another bash and if need be call in a real pro. I will let you know how it goes over the next couple days. Thank you again. Who is CAB? Is it like the alarm awarding body ? Tried looking them up no joy.

Citizens advice bureau
Is the service number permanently shown in the display or does it appear now and gain?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back