EV are they worth it?

On the subject of fires in different kinds of vehicles, I found this: https://theconversation.com/electri...l-vehicles-is-at-least-20-times-higher-213468
Frustratingly I couldn't find much information about "The Conversation"
Though I did find this:
"The Conversation unlocks the latest insights and research findings from academia in order to bring real expertise to bear on the biggest issues of our time. As a charity, the support of our readers helps us counter misinformation, misunderstanding and error by championing expert voices."

Sponsored Links
There is no solution to burning electric cars apart from letting them burn. ICE cars don't suffer the same. The fire brigade can put out an ICE car fire in a jiffy.

There is no solution to burning electric cars apart from letting them burn. ICE cars don't suffer the same. The fire brigade can put out an ICE car fire in a jiffy.

That's the reason why insurance companies are writing off EV for impacts that on an ICE vehicle could be easily fixed.
They don't want to take any chances.
And scrapping brand new cars (and 2 tons worth of batteries) is great for the environment...

Sponsored Links

Well they didn't put this ICE fire out in a jiffy, did they? :LOL:

Meanwhile in Sweden...

There is no solution to ..
Using extremes of language seldom results in true statements

Also worth noting that the problem of putting out burning ICE vehicles has had about a hundred years of technological development, so you're not really comparing apples

Also worth noting that the problem of putting out burning ICE vehicles has had about a hundred years of technological development, so you're not really comparing apples
You are simply saying ICE cars are better when it comes to fires. The point is they should not force unsafe cars onto people, either through enticement or coercion.

You are simply saying ICE cars are better when it comes to fires. The point is they should not force unsafe cars onto people, either through enticement or coercion.
Maybe actually read this information to learn something about which cars are more unsafe?

Talking to a friend today who has recently acquired a new EV .. apparently it's a company car & when he ran through all the government incentives/subsidies applicable in such circumstances you can see why the majority of new EV's are not being bought by private individuals, a small detail omitted in the official Gov. UK statistics highlighting new car registration figures.

Last edited:
I only go by youtube mobile phone fires.
I've seen a few cars on fire, or that have been on fire.

Never seen (or know of any in my locality) an electric car fire.

Need to keep the risk and actuality in perspective

You do realise how youtube works? Look at 1 electric car fire and it will keep finding others for you. Cognitive bias in action

The fire could have been started by an EV. There's not a nearby river they could throw it into.

You, er... didn't read the article then...? :rolleyes:

"...People living in nearby apartments were also forced to leave as 21 fire crews tackled the blaze which began when a Land Rover burst into flames."

Well that's good then. because they're not!:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back