EV are they worth it?

Sponsored Links

Ah... every inch the "expert" there... :rolleyes: Did you notice how the title of the video contained the word "proof", but the video itself contained not one shred of evidence? It was a series of claims, that's all. Not one of them backed up with any figures. Is that what passes for "proof" in your world?

Of course, there is a small grain of truth in some of his claims, but if he bothered to do the sums, he'd soon realise that even with America's spectacularly backward electricity generation carbon emissions, EVs are still a better bet overall. By the time you get to the UK's electricity generation, the difference is far greater. By the time you get to places like Norway, it's an absolute no-brainer.

Anyway, if all you need for "proof", is a YouTube video, then here''s another American chap on YouTube with "proof" that they don't pollute more than ICE vehicles...

Your serve...;)

Sponsored Links
The other american chap has lower subscriber numbers, therefore less credible, less people agree with him.

By the time you get to the UK's electricity generation, the difference is far greater. By the time you get to places like Norway, it's an absolute no-brainer.
Sadly I haven't been to Norway since the mid 'nineties when several of us toured with vintage vehicles & self-catered, but back then electricity was cheap as most of it was generated by Hydro plants.

Don't know if that's still the case as I've lost contact with friends out there.

I don't have a pacemaker. If I did, I would want a plug-in one.
You'd need a b...y long lead, unless you stayed at home :unsure:

nb. I'll make this my only contribution to this thread, as like the proverbial 'show' it will go on & on & ..

Sadly I haven't been to Norway since the mid 'nineties when several of us toured with vintage vehicles & self-catered, but back then electricity was cheap as most of it was generated by Hydro plants.

Don't know if that's still the case as I've lost contact with friends out there.

Yes, it's spectacularly good. Of course, they have the terrain for it, and only a couple of dozen people to actually use the electricity!

Mind you, ours isn't that bad, overall, by world standards. It's bad (by UK standards) right now, as there's very little wind across the country, but even as it is, it's much better than the USA average.

The other american chap has lower subscriber numbers, therefore less credible, less people agree with him.
Fewer people

Less is for things you measure, like credibility or beer. Fewer is for things you count, like people or hangovers

Examples:

"If you drank less beer, you'd have fewer hangovers"

"If you spouted less crap, you'd have fewer replies pointing out you're a crapspout"

Fewer people

Less is for things you measure, like credibility or beer. Fewer is for things you count, like people or hangovers

Examples:

"If you spouted less crap, you'd have fewer replies pointing out you're a crapspout"
I once worked with a stupid woman at ford. She was useless for anything but spell checking in meetings. You must be from her school. Where can the word "lower" be used then?

I once worked with a stupid woman at ford. She was useless for anything but spell checking in meetings. You must be from her school. Where can the word "lower" be used then?
Worked for Ford, but can't spell that either ?:D

Shouldn’t that be 'useless at everything' or 'no good for anything'?

Fewer people

Examples:

The pedants' revolt.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back