EV are they worth it?

EV taking out ship. Nasty lithium. Once the fire starts, it doesn't stop. Lithium at home is a major concern for me.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Laptop, palm top, spare batteries, anything non-essential. Can't tell when any of them will ignite.
The number of battery self ignition I have experienced since I started using lithium (about ten years) is zero.

What's yours?

Of all the people I know well enough to tell me, it's also zero.

You?

He gave reasonable information over the years. That means people will listen. Bad luck for EV owners, the narrative is against them. Personally, I am not against EV's, I am against batteries. They are such a drag on life.

He gave reasonable information over the years. That means people will listen. Bad luck for EV owners, the narrative is against them. Personally, I am not against EV's, I am against batteries. They are such a drag on life.

You prefer the ones they have at fairgrounds with the long stick at the back?

Seems about right... :rolleyes:

Another random YouTube anti EV ranter...
He's slightly amusing to watch, as long as you don't confuse it with actual information!

Indeed. I don't think Nutjob has realised that this guy is broadcasting from America where electricity pricing and taxation regimes are somewhat different, but it's OK, because he's "not anti-EV", only anti-battery, so obviously, posting a rant about electricity prices makes perfect sense what with electricity being so much cheaper if it hasn't come out of a battery first...;)

Indeed. I don't think Nutjob has realised that this guy is broadcasting from America where electricity pricing and taxation regimes are somewhat different, but it's OK, because he's "not anti-EV", only anti-battery, so obviously, posting a rant about electricity prices makes perfect sense what with electricity being so much cheaper if it hasn't come out of a battery first...;)
You truly have no clue. To charge a battery, certain amount of energy is lost (50%, 75%?). Batteries are bad for the the environment. The energy is lost as heat and causing global warming.

What about the one in your pacemaker? Or is yours the type you wind up?

Sponsored Links
Back