Extension lead length

Place an RCD plug in protector and regularly test it (every three months miniumum). This will make it safer. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
i agree yours is worth considering, but what does he do when he needs more sockets, and the same old one "dosh"

Whilst yes i would whole heartedy suggest yours is far better (not counting no surge protection, no really lets not mention that)

Most people think you can do xyz for 50p and when push comes to shove they either call cyril cowboy (or Bob Transformer) or take the cheaper alternative, which in this case you and i know is not ideal

Chivers7 said:
Place an RCD plug in protector and regularly test it (every three months miniumum). This will make it safer. :rolleyes:

Why? And the circuit might already be RCD protected.

Breezer, where did you get bob transformer from? i'm glad somebody watched the video i posted lol.

well i fancied doing an experiment .....................so i scuffed my shoes on the carpet.................

Sponsored Links
Thank you all for your advice - didn't mean to start an argument! I will look into both options and weigh them up then decide. Nice to know though that daisy-chaining isn't "an instant fire hazard that must be avoided at all costs" like I have been told!

Thanks again guys!

If you really want to avoid daisy chaining you can probably replace the flex. The leads I have have got a removable panel on them to access the terminals in the multi way head and replacing the flex is no more dificult than rewiring a plug.
If yours also have access to the terminals you could just go to your local diy shop and buy few metres of flex-make sure it's appropriate rating. You may also need a new plug if you can't remove the plug from your extension.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back