F.A.O. Crafty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please pass on my thanks to your bosses for giving me a giggle today at their mathematical abilities.

There I was in my local co-op and saw a sign "Co-op quiche - 2 for £3 - usual price £1.39"
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I have an idea the Portsmouth co-op sold out to Asda or WalMart or someone.

I wonder who got the money?

It's much funnier when he comes back and rants about being older :LOL:

who supplies your air con needs?

I don't think we've had any business from CO-OP... we do mainly tesco, waitrose, JLP, the occasional Sainsburys, and more recently, iceland and Primark too....

ninebob said:
There I was in my local co-op and saw a sign "Co-op quiche - 2 for £3 - usual price £1.39"
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :LOL:

In my cynical mode but I wonder if this was intentional.

Customers often buy something that appears to be a bargain when a little thought shows it is NOT a bargain. Anything that says "two for £x" sounds like a bargain.

Selling items for charity i put a sign up saying "3 for the price of four" and people were asking for three without realising they would pay more that way. I did only charge the price of three but the thought of a bargain if they bought 3 instead of 1 did increase sales.

Most customers are gullible.... A supemarket manager had tins in tidy rows on a shelf and the same product thrown un-tidely into a net in the middle of a wide aisle. The cheap looking ones in the net went faster than those on the shelf. So he added 10% to the price of those in the net. They still went faster than those on the shelf. Even when he moved the bin to be in front of the tidy tins on the shelf the net ones sold faster than the ones on the shelf.

Back in the day of my bleak period at McDonalds (at college) we were having a brainstorming way of increasing the sales of donuts (our store was "behind target" for dessert sales - can you believe they have targets like this?).

I suggested putting up a sign saying "Donuts 2 for £1" - which increased sales by about 300%.
Donuts were only 50p each anyway... the idea was so succesful that it was rolled out accross the region.

Didn't get a penny from it - not even a free donut.

BoxBasher said:
Didn't get a penny from it - not even a free donut.

Isn't a free doughnut from Macs considered to be the booby prize. Do really bad and you get two of them......

BoxBasher said:
(our store was "behind target" for dessert sales - can you believe they have targets like this?).
Frankly, yes. KPIs* come in many shapes and forms.

Bernard, we often put products on the front of the checkout and they do sell, even with no prices on them.

ColJack said:
who supplies your air con needs?

I don't think we've had any business from CO-OP... we do mainly tesco, waitrose, JLP, the occasional Sainsburys, and more recently, iceland and Primark too....
Auxillia previously known as Peak.

JohnD said:
It's much funnier when he comes back and rants about being older :LOL:
I'm not rising to it.

*Key Performance Indicator

Sponsored Links
Back