mindless vandalism

There you go - from the Times:

The policing bill for the July bomb attacks in London and subsequent security measures stands at £77 million, it has been reported.

That would go somewhat towards a better police force don't you think?

the cost of that is covered by central government who have a contingency fund for such occurances,not the police forces budget

Sponsored Links
Thermo said:
There you go - from the Times:

The policing bill for the July bomb attacks in London and subsequent security measures stands at £77 million, it has been reported.

That would go somewhat towards a better police force don't you think?

the cost of that is covered by central government who have a contingency fund for such occurances,not the police forces budget

Are you saying that the money couldn't be better used? Couldn't it be used to put more police on the beat?

joe

im saying its an amount of money that the government puts by to cover contingencies so it would never be used to put police "on the beat". If anything you will probably find that there will be a fall in reported crime in central london during the heightened security as there are so many extra police around.

Thermo said:
im saying its an amount of money that the government puts by to cover contingencies so it would never be used to put police "on the beat". If anything you will probably find that there will be a fall in reported crime in central london during the heightened security as there are so many extra police around.

Think of all that overtime. Reminds me of the miner's strike from way back when the coppers used to wave wads of notes at the miners.

joe

Sponsored Links
now that proves that you know absolutley nothing about the subject you are trying to spout on about.

Thermo said:
now that proves that you know absolutley nothing about the subject you are trying to spout on about.

They didn't claim overtime then? I didn't realise that. Thanx mutchly, I'll remember that.

joe

Sponsored Links
Back