F1

It looked spectacular but he didn't hit anything so never in real danger.

Have to agree with the other posters, you do talk rubbish sometimes. That clip is the first time I have seen the crash.

He didnt hit anything? what about the concrete floor he hit landing upside down, what about the tyre wall which would still hurt regardless.

The original poster is correct, hes is a very lucky man. The car flipping back upright was very fortunate for him.

Sponsored Links
At what point was he in danger? Every motor bike rider is in greater danger every day they go out. He was in a carbon fibre tub, he had a full harness, he had a roll bar, he could have had the same crash a hundred times with the same results. The track was designed safe, the car was designed safe and the driver didn't seem concerned in the least. He was never in danger. If you think he was - tell me at what point.

As long as the car was flying, skidding on its roof etc he was slowing down and the kinetic energy was dissipating. It's schoolboy physics.

Every motor bike rider is in greater danger every day they go out.

Because of their own stupidity, speeding, tailgating, jumping traffic lights and feeling of invincibility due to their crash helmets.

And the w*****, I came across a few days ago. Two lanes on a gentle bend separated by double continuous white lines. Moron on bike decides to overtake crossing the lines and waves his finger at me (I'm coming towards him) to move over. A priceless moment when he realised I was'nt going to change my track. :LOL: :LOL:

F1 drivers are highly trained and skilled at driving on the every edge for our entertainment, to compare them with untrained morons on motorbikes is ridiculous.

An F1 driver doesn't even have traffic coming towards him. We risk head-on fatal crashes every day we go out. He is in a safe environment on a safe road. He was never in danger.

Sponsored Links
Makes you wonder why they didn't use an F1 car as a space shuttle if it's that safe. Wouldn't need parachutes to slow down its return to earth.

At what point was he in danger? Every motor bike rider is in greater danger every day they go out. He was in a carbon fibre tub, he had a full harness, he had a roll bar, he could have had the same crash a hundred times with the same results. The track was designed safe, the car was designed safe and the driver didn't seem concerned in the least. He was never in danger. If you think he was - tell me at what point.

At the point where he hit the other car, at that point he had no control over his car, he was just a passenger as they say, no ones mentioned it upto now but while in the air he hit the DHL advertising hoarding, imagine hitting that helmet on, he landed upside down on the roll hoop, yes i know they are tested with some serious tonnage but maybe just maybe this was the one to fail, all the weight would be on his helmet and neck. Imagine the car never righted itself and slid all that way on the roll hoop, how much of it do you think would of been left, not much IMO. The car could of burst into flames, he could of been knocked unconscious, who would activate his 60secs air supply, shall i keep going?

Get over it FFS - he was never in danger. If he was - then tell me at what point his life was in danger. Come on - over to you.

At the point where he hit the other car, at that point he had no control over his car, he was just a passenger as they say, no ones mentioned it upto now but while in the air he hit the DHL advertising hoarding, imagine hitting that helmet on, he landed upside down on the roll hoop, yes i know they are tested with some serious tonnage but maybe just maybe this was the one to fail, all the weight would be on his helmet and neck. Imagine the car never righted itself and slid all that way on the roll hoop, how much of it do you think would of been left, not much IMO. The car could of burst into flames, he could of been knocked unconscious, who would activate his 60secs air supply, shall i keep going?

No don't bother. He may have been struck by a meteorite too - but he wasn't. He was SAFE in his carbon tub. Get it yet? SAFE.

That's why he walked away without a scratch. The safety system worked - as I would have expected it to. I ask again. At what point was his life in danger? It never was was it? That's why he just walked away. How much proof do you need?

We risk head-on fatal crashes every day we go out.

Yes because of the way you ride your bikes and you're disregard for the laws of the road.

Another moron biker, attempts at communication are pointless.

I believe A and E departments call them donors, but for the future it makes me worry about brain transplants.

You must have a very, very empty life if you can spend so much of it trolling forums.

Exactly. A bit like:
Hopefully any large asteroid chunks that do hit earth and cause damage, will take out the keyboard heroes who feel the need to respond to a thread that doesn't interest them specifically on a general discussion board.

Hang on a minute. That's YOU tapir ;) :LOL:

We risk head-on fatal crashes every day we go out.

Obviously another moron biker, attempts at communication are pointless.

I believe A and E departments call them donors, but for the future it makes me worry about brain transplants.

I was talking about cars - not bikes. I'm not a biker. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back