Faceache

Sponsored Links
I personally do not use it but some (sensible) friends of mine do to access their interest groups like running clubs & charity events, so it does have some uses

I used to use it but got sick of people posting ****e like ‘share this if you love your kids’. People like to send messages to the dead on there too.

Sponsored Links
I personally do not use it but some (sensible) friends of mine do to access their interest groups like running clubs & charity events, so it does have some uses

I wonder if people still broadly use newsgroups for such things

I used to use it but got sick of people posting ****e like ‘share this if you love your kids’. People like to send messages to the dead on there too.

1 like = 1 respect

some of which are marked "highly confidential".

which may mean "I know this is illegal/unethical/wicked/in contravention of our official policy, so I don't want anyone to find out..."

"Facebook allowed some companies to maintain "full access" to users' friends data even after announcing changes to its platform in 2014/2015 to limit what developers' could see. "It is not clear that there was any user consent for this, nor how Facebook decided which companies should be whitelisted," Mr Collins wrote"

"Facebook had been aware that an update to its Android app that let it collect records of users' calls and texts would be controversial. "To mitigate any bad PR, Facebook planned to make it as hard as possible for users to know that this was one of the underlying features," Mr Collins wrote"

i dont do twitface or any other social
if you have to "like"==" approve"== or other action to be in the best direction to use the facilities you are being manipulated your information is being harvested you are no more than someone in charge off your life but with everyone else trying to manipulate your thoughts and actions

from the time i log in to the time i log out i never ever get any input i dont want
no news
no adverts
no social media
no manipulation
no content what so ever a blank page
i do off course get the content off the forums i want and visit but without adverts or any manipulation

Facebook had it's place - I never trusted it enough to have it under my real name but I used to use it to keep in easy touch with overseas friends. For that it was great. But it's just too manipulative now with data, ads etc and no longer user friendly. I got rid of it about 5 months ago, it wouldn't let me actually look in my news feed past a couple of adverts unless I added new friends. Not one for going around adding strangers, I got rid of it. Do not miss it one little bit, nor the photographs of people's food and too many pics of their children. Has anyone seen the Charlie Brooker episode of Black Mirror about social media? That's what facebook is now, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
DIYnot is my only on-line interaction apart from personal texts etc.

Sadbook, ****ter - pfft!

Sacked it off years ago, horrible company that has fallen foul of its intended use and become far too controlling. YouTube is going the same way.

Having said that it still has billions of users and I'm sure Zuckerberg has a few tricks up his sleeve.

i dont actually think social media is a bad thing as long as you are aware off what they are after
they make there money by "selling " or using your details to sell to others
i do use whats app but only to individuals i know
i never join groups because you automatically get every one on that groups phone number and they get yours
i have missed important birthdays because i wasnt invited ------
----------- well i was but only on facebook:D

Sponsored Links
Back