Fight with a call centre

Sponsored Links
What's up with the computers in the local library?

OK if,, the local library isn't a bus ride away,,,,,,, But what about the phone calls and letters they expect the unemployed to send? Public phones are now a minimum 60p call charge. Stamps stationary and envelopes cost money..
I'm not sticking up for micky,,,, but I've been there, done that , and got the T shirt. When I was unemployed, I sat down one day and worked out how much they expected me to shell out on these things,, and believe me ,, it was more than half of the measly £32 a week they actually paid me. (and still expected me to pay other bills out of this.)
As I said before, these people who work for the jobcentre, just don't live in the same world.
There was an item on BBC breakfast news, this morning about students who left university last year and are still unemployed.
There's an average of 83 degree students chasing every job requiring a degree as a minimum qualification. Add to this , the students now leaving university with a degree this year and there will soon be over 170/200 degree students chasing jobs which ask for a degree as a minimum qualification. If these elite people have no chance,,, what chance is there for the micky's of this world?

All this talk about MUST have Internet/Contract Phone/Write letters using your own money is utter tosh!
You enrol at a 'Job Club' where all these facilities are provided free of charge.
You will have access to a land-line phone, you will have access to the Internet, (for job seeking purposes only, not flea-bay/DIYNot etc), provided with stationery for writing/posting letters/application forms and you can even claim your travel expenses, (bus fares not taxis or petrol).
To add to this you are helped with writing letters/applications and can even practice 'mock' interviews where you will be advised on the best way to present yourself and the type of questions you should ask. You used to have to wait for 6 months after losing your job but I put forward the argument that I was used to getting up at 6.00am for work and wanted to 'stay in the groove' so to speak. I was accepted in 3 days and within 3 weeks had secured a place doing something I had never done before but still in the electrical field and remained with that company for almost 10 years, being one of the last to be finished when they closed down. When I started there were over 6,500 people working there. It simply comes down to how you apply yourself to the task in hand and being prepared to adapt to changing environments in order to earn a living. Even in these days of 'mildly' high unemployment there are jobs to be had, you just have to be prepared not to be too selective. Once you are in work you can progress through the ranks if you want more money/status or even look for another job.
You have to do the chasing, they won't chase you, unless of course you were a major executive in a 'blue-chip' company.

Strange as it might seem Joe, I was advised by the Citizens Advice, Jobcentre, and all those schools that I attend, doing charity work, for the dole, that I MUST have access to the Internet and telephone, as that is the best way to search for jobs,

Yeah but you have to APPLY for jobs - they won't knock at your door and give you a haircut and say "Please work for us Micky". :rolleyes:

As this thread has gone so off topic, I will once again entertain you. After a certain length on the dole, you MUST attend DOLE SKOOL, if you do NOT attend, then the money you get, gets stopped. Full Stop.

The Dole SKOOL, enters you into an entrance exam. To grade which other dole skool you will attend. So a genuine question - 'If you press a lift button, and it arrives at floor one, then goes up three floors, which level do you exit on?', with diagrams. Can somebody answer that?

Another question is, How do you make a cup of tea? From start to finish? Can anyone answer that?

You must answer the above, but to answer Joes question, YES the dole DID say that they would pay for my haircut, which I refused, quoting you Joe. I'm applying for several jobs per day, most don't reply, some give rude replies, or some are beyond my remit. Engineer required in Athens...I don't fancy being tear gassed, killed or worse. You lot really need to wake up to this job lark...

So lift question....

And making a cup of tea....

Who's first?

Sponsored Links
So back on topic, Cable did ring me back...talked through my problems with the service, sending me a new TV remote, and supplying 2MB service to my parents, that were previously receiving a quarter of that...and £10 off my bill...and they seemed to pick up from my post on here, rather than their own website, so when you post..be careful...because you never know who is watching.

and they seemed to pick up from my post on here, rather than their own website, so when you post..be careful...because you never know who is watching.

You are joking, right? :LOL:

As for this dole 'skool' that you speak of. How long do you have to have been on the dole to get sent to dole skool? Because I've worked with a couple of people who had signed on for 6+ months and they mention nothing of this. Or are you referring to New Deal? Because the entrance exam that you speak of is nothing more than to gauge whether or not you should be offered extra help.

You mention 'engineer in Athens'; are we to presume you're a qualified engineer? If so, why have you spent so long scrounging?

You must answer the above, but to answer Joes question, YES the dole DID say that they would pay for my haircut, which I refused, quoting you Joe.

In that case they should have stopped your money until you did get it cut. You are clearly a scrounger using every excuse not to work.

I'm still worn out after a mammoth fight with Virgin media call centre.

are you kidding me?

it is you who is on the dole right and have been for however many years? if i were you i would begin to watch further comments/threads you make because if anything more turns up about this sort of ****** you will have to have a seeing to.

end of

I was on New deal (dole skool for the uninitiated) for a fairly short time.
Travel expenses are only payable when you have an appointment (but feel free to drop in anytime for free internet access, telephone etc). First review I was due to have fell on the same day as a job interview, so I phoned them up asking what I should do? "Oh, we'll cancel your review and please go to the job interview etc."
The day after the interview, I received a phone call from the New Deal people telling me I was to be put on sanction for failing to attend the review, and I also received a snotty letter from them.
I explained that I'd phoned in 2 days before the review as I had a job interview the same day. Guess what,,, the message had not been passed on until 2 days after the review date. When I eventually went in for the review, they were so apologetic (not), straight away reminding me that I had to phone in if I could not attend reviews. I told the girl, it wasn't my fault that messages were not passed on the same day, only to be told, it wasn't her fault either. :eek:

And these people expect us to abide by rules they make up as they go along????

...and they seemed to pick up from my post on here, rather than their own website, so when you post..be careful...because you never know who is watching.

VIRGIN MEDIA
If this is true then I'll tell you what happened to me...They added to my phone bill a Broad Band service. This was a service I had terminated several years before. So, should be phone only. They were very unhelpful in removing the debit until I got to them through Trading Standards. A manager then phoned me and got it sorted out. But what if they had done that to 1000 people and the money gained interest in a bank account. Big bonus time for somebody, I guess.
By the time this got sorted out the damage was done and I have been able to get my own back on them.
Another time one of their sales staff called me to send me a tv box. It arrived and next thing they did was debit my account and added Sky. I did say to the sales guy I'll have anything so long as its free. Something they missed out on before sending the box and debiting my account.
I did manage to get it sorted and I hope they read this....I'd rather scrap dog shyte off my shoes than find anything redeeming with your organisation...YOU ARE DOG SHYTE.

Wreckedit, don't forget, if they did this with a 1000 people,,,, how many of them went overdrawn simply because of this? Happened to me once with a direct debit I had set up with another company (for a mobile phone) They said the insurance was absolutely free, then charged me £5.99p a month for the free insurance. First month I didn't notice, but the second month happened to be between paydays and I'd left enough in to cover the original amount for the phone. Bank charged me £19.50p for being OD by 6p.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

JJ, old mate, in hind sight did you get an overdraft put on that account?

A chap I know recently had a friend driving madly around taking money out of one bank account to take it to another bank in another town. All because he didn't want a little overdraft. What a tosser he was.

Not you old mate though. :D

Sponsored Links
Back