Final Brexit Vote (Please!)

Shall We Ask Admin To Ban All Future Mention of Brexit on DIYNot?

• Yes please! No more Brexit discussions!

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Nooo, Brexit is my life now, I can't go a day without arguing about it!

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I don't care, I'll go with the majority (and then moan about it if I don't agree)

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Calling a DIYNot referendum to end Brexit discussions.

Reason: To focus on talking about dodgy plumbing, rotten joists, concrete slabs and planning issues etc.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I'd like to make sure that if my side lost this referendum then they'd be a "peoples vote" after. I think it's important that if I'm on the losing side the vote is taken again. If the winning side just wins that's not democracy, well not if I'm on the losing side anyway.
I personally would like to continue Brexit discussions on this forum. So I would like to see a single vote option of "continue". That would be fair for a "continuer" like myself.
I do worry though that people who voted "not to continue" weren't sure what they voted for. They may have voted "not to continue whilst wearing white underwear". Maybe they voted "not to continue when their car was parked in the drive". Some may have voted "not to continue immediately after they had washed their hair"? Possibly some voted "not to continue when their aunties bicycle had flat tyres"? I feel a new "peoples vote" should take place with one option being "not to continue Brexit discussions on this forum" and umpteen other variations of "continue" to ensure a bad loser like me still wins.
Long live democracy(y)

I'd like to make sure that if my side lost this referendum then they'd be a "peoples vote" after. I think it's important that if I'm on the losing side the vote is taken again. If the winning side just wins that's not democracy, well not if I'm on the losing side anyway.
I personally would like to continue Brexit discussions on this forum. So I would like to see a single vote option of "continue". That would be fair for a "continuer" like myself.
I do worry though that people who voted "not to continue" weren't sure what they voted for. They may have voted "not to continue whilst wearing white underwear". Maybe they voted "not to continue when their car was parked in the drive". Some may have voted "not to continue immediately after they had washed their hair"? Possibly some voted "not to continue when their aunties bicycle had flat tyres"? I feel a new "peoples vote" should take place with one option being "not to continue Brexit discussions on this forum" and umpteen other variations of "continue" to ensure a bad loser like me still wins.
Long live democracy(y)
Here here,well said.

I'd rather brexit discussions had it's own forum thread thingie within here, then those who live and breathe brexit can carry on, and the rest can discuss other 'general discussion' topics if they so wish. After all, there are other things to talk about, honest :)

I'm wondering what part of "if you're not interested in a subject then don't read the topics and don't post in them" you all find it so hard to grasp.

I'm wondering what part of "if you're not interested in a subject then don't read the topics and don't post in them" you all find it so hard to grasp.
And I wonder which part of allowing people a point of view in the topic posted here do you find so hard to grasp?

Last edited by a moderator:

I am not interested in Brexit

Never have been but hey ho I do like to give a valid , well thought out and intelligent opinion ;)

I think,Tezza will go,general election,Tories back in,proper brexiteer in charge,proper hard brexit..

Sponsored Links
Back