Final Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK. That's enough.
After what happened on the 'Censorship' thread, I've made a decision.

It is now quite clear that any discussion, or even mention, of the 'M' word or the recent influx of immigrants is prohibited. Such a shame that, after centuries of people fighting for the right to free speech in this country, that right is being removed from this discussion forum without clarification or even mention in the site's terms and conditions.

Of course, I am not the owner of this forum and the site owner has every right to deny discussion for any reason he sees fit, and there is nothing I or anyone else on here can do about it.

For that reason, I am shall not be posting anything more on General Discussion.

I shall continue to visit GD from time to time to see if there has been a change of policy, and should like to visit other sub-fora if I need to ask for any help or advice, or possibly even offer it.

I suggest that if anyone else here feels the same about the lack of freedom of speech on this forum, they might like to do the same. Fortunately, I know of at least one other forum where such subjects may be discussed in a sensible and unrestricted manner although, of course, I may not mention its whereabouts on here and respect that.

Sponsored Links
I agree with JBR,

I note that my post on the "censorship" thread was deleted. It was (imo) nothing racist or offensive, just a touch of the truth which this forum (or certain mods) seem to despise. I said nothing that was not mentioned in the DM article, or the comments associated with the same. Shame - the freedom of speech which our brave and respected elders fought for is being erased. I also cannot see how either the truth, or a fact can be seen as offensive anyway - it is what it is, the truth / fact. Sorry, but I really despair these days.......

Hope you're proud of yourselves........

Sponsored Links
"New Year, New Resolution - Acceptable topics for GD"

The general discussion forum started as some light hearted relief to the DIY forums. Obviously topics will vary and current affairs come up.........

..........but clearly, very clearly, according to admin, selected current affairs are not "Acceptable topics for GD".

I have always enjoyed your posts JBR and am sorry to hear that you will not be posting anymore. I didn't see the thread that has been removed and obviously never will but I am sure it would have been within the forum rules.
There are around 185,000 members on this site but only a handful ever bother to post on a regular basis, particularly on GD. It's a shame that some subjects are too taboo to discuss but that is the way it is now in Britain (not just on this site).

There are several members on here that are too thick to see beyond the end of their noses, then there are those with an agenda which unfortunately will eventually destroy what was once a great site.

I wish you well JBR and thank you for your contributions.

I didn't always see eye to eye with JBR and sometimes thought some of his posts were uninformed twaddle but do feel its the forum's loss .

and sometimes thought some of his posts were uninformed twaddle
That's just your opinion but seems that not all are allowed the same luxury.
I agree with you that it is the forum's loss but the mods or admin or whoever it is will see it as a minor victory in their quest to rid the site of intelligent, free-thinking people.

........the mods or admin or whoever it is will see it as a minor victory in their quest to rid the site of intelligent, free-thinking people.

If that was "their quest" they would ban such members rather than wait for them to move on.

........the mods or admin or whoever it is will see it as a minor victory in their quest to rid the site of intelligent, free-thinking people.

If that was "their quest" they would ban such members rather than wait for them to move on.
They can't ban members if they haven't broken the rules but they can make it so pointless that members leave.
It's their forum squeaky and they can, and do, whatever they like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back