fines for middle lane hogging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If a motorist is doing 70 in the middle lane what law is he breaking?
They're going to take money off people for doing nothing wrong now, bstrds.
If I ever get done for that I'll argue my case in court.

Sponsored Links
It's not a real law - they are just playing to the gallery trying to win votes.

I'd let them go straight to the front of the queue for PCSO Bean's noose.

Sponsored Links
Well then, let me explain.
If I am driving at 70 in the middle lane I won't need to change lanes very often and shouldn't be holding anybody up.
If I am driving at 70 in the inside lane I will constantly have to change lanes to overtake slower moving vehicles.
Apply that across the board and you will see that there will be a hell of a lot more lane changing going on with the inevitable result that there will be more accidents and deaths.

I guess the outside 'fast lane' will become redundant?

The way I see it.

Slow lane is for trucks and caravans etc.

Middle lane is for those that want to sit on the speed limit.

Fast lane is for those that want to break the law and get booked for speeding.

Where's the problem? :confused:

Meanwhile back in the real world where many people safely drive at more than 70mph that car sitting unnecessarily in the middle lane is getting in the way of faster moving vehicles.

Also that middle lane hogger is also an extra lane away from the safety of the hard shoulder should their car breakdown, the driver being taken ill, or be involved in an accident.

Meanwhile back in the real world where many people safely drive at more than 70mph that car sitting unnecessarily in the middle lane is getting in the way of faster moving vehicles.

Back in the real world when you get your licence you agree to follow the rules of the road. You will have that licence revoked - and quite rightly. Who the fook do you think you are hogging the middle lane to travel at stupid speeds? :rolleyes:

I'm not sure how enforcing the Highway Code will cause more accidents.

Doesn't enforcing the highway code apply to law breaking speeding bstrds then??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yep. Rules of the road now include not hogging the middle lane too.

But you want to hog the middle lane and travel at silly speeds. Do you do 85 amongst the trucks in the slow lane? What planet are you on? You should be OFF the road for good.

Yep.

But now me driving safely at speed (in the left hand lane where possible) are subject to the same penalties as you hogging the middle lane at a slower pace.

It's choice we both make.

Sponsored Links
Back