Fitting scolmore click modular faceplates to plastic backbox

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi just wondering if anyone had fitted the scolmore click grid pro definity faceplates with yoke to a standard plasterboard backbox ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
not the pro definity but i have used the ordinary scolmore click range with no problems. i like them as they have a scew fixing to the faceplate so are not reliant on a plastic clip. unless you are using lots of switches you can mount four on a faceplate without a yoke

Last edited:
Thanks maximum for me is two, I have their 3 way retractive switches and wondered about fitting the screw less faceplates onto cupric back boxes

looking at the click 4 electrics site and if you only want two switches you should nt need a yoke but you might have to create a small lip in the plasterboard for the box to sit in to enable the flat plate to sit "flat"

there are plasterboard boxes with very small mounting "ears" but I imagine they require a very neatly cut hole so the box doesnt fall in. they were mentioned on here a few days ago

edit found the link https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MTFDLB2.html

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back