Flexible gas hose connection to gas oven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. After isolating the gas I removed my old cooker. I prepared what to do to install the new one (instructions, advive, non setting gas sealant and leak check spray). However; one end of the gas hose (to the gas supply) is a bayonnte connection (no probs), the end to the cooker is a screw thread. The problem lies at the screw thread end. On the old cooker the hose fully screwed into the cooker upto the tightening nut. On the new cooker it only screws in 3/4 of the way. This says to me i need a shorter screw thread however in the instruction manual (cooker) it says "connect hose to rear of cooker (1/2 in BSP)". This has cast doubt in my mind, so any advice would be great. :D

Sponsored Links
I suspect somewhere it says you should employ a registered gas fitter to do the work as well...

Sponsored Links
Work can be done by a competent person. I;m happy with what i'm doing, just double checking here.

Have you been formally assessed for gas competence?

Apparently not, as you are asking questions like this on here.

Since we are not permitted to give DIY gas advice here at least one of the posts above should have been removed by a moderator.

Tony

Work can be done by a competent person. I;m happy with what i'm doing, just double checking here.

re-read the first part of your post (which i agree 100% with) this will tell you that you are out of your depth due to the nature of your question, please call in someone who knows how to FULLY CHECK AND COMMISSION YOUR NEW APPLIANCE YOU CANNOT DO IT, re your second point nobody else on here will agree with your assessment
when i read posts like this the first thing i do is check your area on the left and when i see you are 100's of miles from me i say thank f**k, its your family and neighbours i worry about, £50-65 quid or so, against 8 funerals, or a child horribly burned, ok not MUCH chance, but hey ho she is your beautiful daughter :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back