Flueless gas fire making my wall go black!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
I would not have one of these in my house.

Well I would and would have a Burley Perception Flueless gas fire in right now- if the one I ordered (and paid for) almost 2 months ago had not had the delivery cancelled 4 times because Burley can not get the parts to assemble it .
Where on earth do they get the parts from ? China ?. :mad:

2 things to consider there mate

1 lots of gas safe registered engineers will advise against flue less fires as you can read in this thread. I personally refuse to install, service or repair flue less fires

2 if they can't get the parts to build it what do u think will shown when it breaks. The last time I had to get parts for a burley fire I had to wait 5-6 weeks for it

I would reconsider if I were you. Perhaps an electric fire

2 things to consider there mate

1 lots of gas safe registered engineers will advise against flue less fires as you can read in this thread. I personally refuse to install, service or repair flue less fires

2 if they can't get the parts to build it what do u think will shown when it breaks. The last time I had to get parts for a burley fire I had to wait 5-6 weeks for it

I would reconsider if I were you. Perhaps an electric fire
Cant afford to run a electric fire . I'm not on plumbers money . :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Oh well as long as you can afford a funeral eh

How much are you paying for it to be installed?
U could install an electric one yourself

Well I would and would have a Burley Perception Flueless gas fire in right now- if the one I ordered (and paid for) almost 2 months ago had not had the delivery cancelled 4 times because Burley can not get the parts to assemble it .

Did you know Flueless fires are banned in Canada, and Burley flueless fires are not sold anywhere in the USA. :rolleyes:

Oh well as long as you can afford a funeral eh

How much are you paying for it to be installed?
U could install an electric one yourself
Funeral costs wont affect me and besides- free gas at the crem . :LOL:

Regarding cost of installation of flueless fire- seeing as all the fitter guy has to do is inspect the new fire and connect up a 10mm pipe which is already there, check pressure and switch on his analyser -- cant take him too long .
Also- seeing I am a builder and have hired and fired quite a few plumbers in the past- I know when they are trying it on.

Did you know Flueless fires are banned in Canada, and Burley flueless fires are not sold anywhere in the USA. :rolleyes:
Yes I did know about Canada--lots of things are banned there .
I'd bet not many are sold in Japan, Vietnam, outer mongolia or Thailand also .
Regarding Burley fires not being sold in USA it's probably due to cheaper usa made fires there . Bit like Corvettes really cheap in USA but by the time they get to Uk and import duty is stuck on- they become expensive- that's why not many are seen here .
Anyway- it's a different kind of gas in USA.

That's just what I was told when ordering parts

A USA company bought burley and magiglo a few years ago apparently

They might be put together in uk still but all the parts come from usa

Regarding cost of installation of flueless fire- seeing as all the fitter guy has to do is inspect the new fire and connect up a 10mm pipe which is already there, check pressure and switch on his analyser -- cant take him too long .

oh here we go, another expert........ :rolleyes: wonder how much it costs to calibrate a cement mixer?

Burley fires are now made in the USA that's why I had to wait 6 weeks for parts

Actually, they are made in Oakham, Rutland!

Another line of nonsense regarding Fluless fires, which happen to have the best safety record of ANY gas appliance category. They are not approved in ONE American state, but are widely used in all of the others.

Peter Perception: There was a technichal issue with the remote controls set up on the Perception over the winter. The units were redesigned, and they did take a long while for them to come through. Was yours a remote?

I will not have one of these in my house.

You have contra-indications in your medical history.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back