Food prices

S

Sombrero

... must be set to tumble, surely? We normally get hit with the "prices have gone up due the bad harvest" bunkum.... but they can't do that this year can they?

Sponsored Links
Milk yields for dairy farmers are falling rapidly due to the extreme hot weather.

Grass crop growths are also being compromised.

A few years back we had -10c day and night for a few months, then we had 12 months of rain. Now it looks like a drought is on the horizon.
So no... food prices won't be falling.

... must be set to tumble, surely? We normally get hit with the "prices have gone up due the bad harvest" bunkum.... but they can't do that this year can they?

Cheap food is history. Too many hungry mouths. China doesn't want just a bowl of rice a day. They want beef, pork, chicken. There's only so much meat and grain to rear the animals to go around. Oil price also has a big effect on food prices. It's factored in at every stage of the growing, transport and retailing of everything we eat.

Get used to Aldi. ;)

Read today that Tesco will be putting the prices up, as the consumers would rather support British farmers then have cheaper food.

Fair play I say, but Id prefer higher quality, less ****e on my veggies and no horsemeat. Id happily pay more for strictly controlled food, not same ****e, higher price.

Sponsored Links
You dont live in Pakistan, yet your commenting on whether its good practice to let their mrs' go the shops.

Yeah and as you will have noted - I don't really care either way what they do.

You go down to your roma market and get your veggies, that's a good lad. :rolleyes:

I go to Tescos actually in the closest town or Marksies if Im in the city. Our Roma dont run markets as they have all jumped on the plane to the UK to work the benefit system.

Bloody farmers, If it rains, ""This'll put the prices up as we can't harvest the crops" :eek:

If it doesn't rain,, "This'll put prices up, as the crops won't grow."

If it's too cold, "This will put the prices up, as the plants won't grow."

If it's too warm (for a few days) , "This will put the prices up, as the crops won't like it ."

Has anyone on here actually met a "poor" farmer yet? I haven't (and buy eggs, potatoes, cabbage and root veg straight from the farms here in East Lothian)
BTW, congrats to Phil "Lefty" Mickelson today. Watched him play a few holes , but followed Tiger most of the days. Today fell back to see if Westwood was up to the mark, of supplying us with another British sports winner. Sadly Westwood seems to bottle it, once he's in the lead. Ahh well, a great week off work and fair do's to the winner. ;)

Farmers are always complaining, theres more than enough food to go around, whatever happened to the beef mountains and the wine lakes in the EU.

Food supply is global, yes, rubbish year for farmers in the UK (unless you were a strawberry farmer), which will put prices up a bit, but not too much.

Food supply is global, yes, rubbish year for farmers in the UK (unless you were a strawberry farmer), which will put prices up a bit, but not too much.

Farmers are always crying that its too sunny/wet/windy cloudy or whatever .. crying about the money they get off their buyers,in fact they moan about everything while they are employing cheap foreign labour fook them I say

Sponsored Links
Back