Food Quality

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you think of any food products where the quality does not seem to vary whether you buy the cheapest ("Value", for example) or the priciest ("Finest", for example)?

I must admit, I don't actually know if the product I'm thinking of comes in "Finest" packaging or not, but SMP (Skimmed Milk Powder) never seems to vary, whatever I buy. As long as you buy the basic SMP with nothing added except Vits A & D, it always tastes the same.

White "Mother's Shame" style bread seems to taste the same to me, whether you buy a really cheap loaf of a dear one.

Anybody else found a product that does not seem to vary in taste whether you buy cheap or dear?

Sponsored Links
corn flakes

vinegar (not NBC)

porage oats except the cheap ones seem dustier

dried pasta

not rice though - I usually get basmati, got some other stuff recently and it was nowhere near as good.

vinegar (not NBC)

Apart from........

Champagne vinegar.
Cider vinegar.
Distilled malt vinegar.
Light malt vinegar.
Malt vinegar.
Mixed herb vinegar.
Perry vinegar.
Red wine vinegar.
Rice vinegar.
Sherry vinegar.
Spiced vinegar.
Tarragon vinegar.
White balsamic vinegar.
balsamic vinegar.
White wine vinegar.

Of course......

Sponsored Links
Dog biscuits
Dog meat
Cat food
Goldfish flakes
Bird food ;) ;)

Well they never complain!

corn flakes

you have got to be avvin a larf?

anything other than kellogs tastes like sh. it.

and that goes for Mc Vities choccy digestives too., all the others are just pretenders.

mrs n and me have found that cheaper mince beef fares better than a premium lean mince, insofar that it fries better and separates.

ho hum.

corn flakes

Got to agree with nose.

Cheap cornflakes like rice krispies, are rank!

Look at a packet of el cheapo rice krispies.. Not rice in the ingredients, but rice flour. Yuk!

supermarket chicken.

doesnt matter if its cheap range or premium,its still covered in ammonia burns

Sainsbury's ketchup IMO is better than Heinz. No third party can equal HP sauce though.

Red label tea (also Sainsbury's) is equal to any other brand.

Also Lidl weetabix are quite good, if a little roughly formed in the 'moulds'

I bought some Asda basic cornflakes the other day just to see. I won't be buying those again :oops:

I expect you-know-who will be along shortly, preaching the virtues of Co-Op branded goods. :LOL:

IMO you shouldn't need to use brown sauce - if your bacon, sausage, egg etc are of a decent enough quality then you don't want to mask the flavour with a sauce. Just my opinion is all. ;)

And who is the biggest food manufacturer in the UK now?

Unilever.... :(

Sponsored Links
Back