SUPERMARKET FOOD QUALITY

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i dont know about you but the food quality from ASDA is the bottom off the pile the meats and chickens are discusting, are they having a laugh i would not feed my dog with this rubbish they stick on the shelfs.

So the best of the rest i find for quality (NOT CHEAP CRI.P) IS

NO. 1 Marks & Spencers
NO. 2 Sainsburys
NO .3 Tesco

Best Bread goes to Tescos
Best Pizzas goes to ASDA Can you believe it.
Best brand Sausages i like are Richmonds.
Best Cod goes to Tescos (not the frozen cra.p) Fresh.
Worst Cod ASDA (Its like eating a rubber boot.)

Sponsored Links
They are all good except the co-op, foods awful there :D

Sponsored Links
ASDA "fresh" fruit and veg is carp too. Everytime I go in there I see loads of rotton fruit and veg.

Never bought anything from their "fresh" fish counter as it smells of fish (don't give me strange looks! Fresh fish doesn't smell)

They are all good except the co-op, foods awful there :D

Tim i forgot to mention the co op but i disgree with you the cooked chicken is great 10/10
the steak is on at half price at the mo and the weight of the knife justs cut through it 10/10.

The only thing ASDA is good for (according to Mrs MW) is alcohol.

M&S and Waitrose do it for me.

MW

Never heard of them is that some kind of Northern black pudding and wippet outlet?

MW

Mrs Breezer and I joined costco, soon found not worth it for us, because there is just us two.

Being as it is in essence a wholesaler you have to buy lots of the same thing, yes you will use it eventually, but who needs 24 tubes of toothpaste, where do you keep it, the cupboard is full of toilet rolls from last time

also its the cost, take toothpaste for example, yes / tube it is much cheaper (lets say for the sake of argument its a £1) thats £24 on toothpaste.(you get the idea)

Yes you can buy "small" beef joints you put in the freezer, but again what do you do when the (small) freezer is full, we are not a hotel.

Friends who belong have similar problems but 24 tubes of toothpaste dont last long with 6 people.

so yes its good, but we found there has to be a minimum of 4 people in the house to make it worth while

Never heard of them is that some kind of Northern black pudding and wippet outlet?

MW

Dont surprise me if your from devon nowt there lad but farmers and wellies, and sheep with over sized as.s holes.

Mrs Breezer and I joined costco, soon found not worth it for us, because there is just us two.

Being as it is in essence a wholesaler you have to buy lots of the same thing, yes you will use it eventually, but who needs 24 tubes of toothpaste, where do you keep it, the cupboard is full of toilet rolls from last time

also its the cost, take toothpaste for example, yes / tube it is much cheaper (lets say for the sake of argument its a £1) thats £24 on toothpaste.(you get the idea)

Yes you can buy "small" beef joints you put in the freezer, but again what do you do when the (small) freezer is full, we are not a hotel.

Friends who belong have similar problems but 24 tubes of toothpaste dont last long with 6 people.

so yes its good, but we found there has to be a minimum of 4 people in the house to make it worth while

i can see what your saying breezer but most of the things i buy are single items most of the stuff is not bulk buying.

I also find Makro
http://www.makro.co.uk/servlet/PB/menu/-1_l2/index.html
even better but i have to travel 20 miles further to get to so have stuck with costco.

P.S bUY A BIGGER frizzer MR Breezer.

Same for me and my missus. Only time we really use costco is for booze at Christmas and booze when we have people over :) (and their killer fresh muffins, the ones the size of a dinner plate, pack of 12... mmmm)

Same for me and my missus. Only time we really use costco is for booze at Christmas and booze when we have people over :) (and their killer fresh muffins, the ones the size of a dinner plate, pack of 12... mmmm)

Good thing about Makro is its cheaper and FREE to join and food quality is the same.

Sponsored Links
Back