Supermarket Food

The blame culture's gone mad !

How can it be the consumers fault...???

The way I see it...

If there happened to be a wipeout of most of the turkeys in the country, over the Christmas period, and a fat, greedy, affluent farmer only had 30 left to sell.
Very unfortunate for the farmer.
He would bang the price up.
So at what point would that be the consumers fault.?????
:LOL:

Sponsored Links
He would bang the price up

No he wouldn't. Tesco's Sainsburys etc would already have a ship full load ordered in from europe at a cheaper price to satisfy their greedy consumers and the farmer would go bust. English consumers and politicians have no loyalty to their home grown farmers. Hundreds of farmers are going bust each day.

You won the war but lost the fight. I sometimes wonder why we bothered to save your sorry asses when you have thrown everything that was fought for over to the huns and the froggies.

I know I wouldn't be a farmer for anything!

The farmer next to me here in Devon is still running around clearing his yard loading his ****spreader and going around & around spreading at 8 pm on a Sunday and Boxing day at that.

Deserves a Medal .

Sponsored Links
It's actually the consumers who rip the struggling farmers off in their quest for cheap food which in turn allows them to maintain the X5 and go on two foreign holidays per year.
The big supermarkets are only responding to demand.

With respect, that's rubbish. You don't 'respond't o demand, you 'create' demand....you don't see people outside Tesco banging on the door demanding Matt Cardle hair gel... you get some hair gel company think "hang on, we can make a few quid here, lets make a Matt Cardle hair gel".... and Tesco think "hang yeah, we'll sell a few of them, lets have them, oh and get the marketing dept to get it on the front of our leaflets being put in this Sunday's N.O.T.W"...

And then the punters buy it.... at hugely inflated prices for hair-gel.

Cash is the new religion.. we all bow to its power and omnipotence...

Forget the Matt Cardle Hair Gell that would be useless on me, like for most blokes. But the Matt Cardle Hormonal Ball Rub I would say certainly, they would have a customer demand.
You see, if you get the right product it'll fly off the shelf. :)

I've just thought of another that would generate customer demand.

Matt Cardle's Prostrate Reduction Cream and Inseminator.

Golly gosh IM, there must be loads of things that can be marketed

Busby28 is posting from an IP address in the UK, so I suspect his posts ought to be taken with a large pinch of salt.
Ah! Thank you for the info Mod8.

So Busby, you ain't even got the balls to show your true location.

Thanks Mod 8.
Is there any way that you mods can block a post if they claim to be from somewhere they are not?
How many other posters claim to be from somewhere but are actually here in Great Britain?
There should be a rule against it.

Thanks Mod 8.
Is there any way that you mods can block a post if they claim to be from somewhere they are not?
How many other posters claim to be from somewhere but are actually here in Great Britain?
There should be a rule against it.

Does that mean if I log on in an internet shop in Australia my posts should be disregarded.?

Or say, I have joined in this country but later went back home to the USofA I should not have been honest about where I live.?

And some of us reside in two countries, but modify our profile to reflect in which country we are currently residing.

Mod 8
Busby28 is posting from an IP address in the UK, so I suspect his posts ought to be taken with a large pinch of salt.

Will you explain to me under what rule you are able to divulge this information?

Does that mean if I log on in an internet shop in Australia my posts should be disregarded.?

Or say, I have joined in this country but later went back home to the USofA I should not have been honest about where I live.?

Not at all. What I am saying is that I think you should be honest about where you are posting from at the time of your posting.
A lot of people on here bang on about others who they accuse of 'distorting the facts/bending the truth' etc and some have even been called outright liars.

My point is that if we expect others to be open and honest then we should also be open and honest. It takes seconds to edit your profile regarding where you are posting from, it takes hours to travel from one country to another. Is it such a big deal to do a simple edit first?

By all means, if you wish to state for example that you are British but living in, say, France then simply adjust your profile to say so.
Or retain your profile as it is and simply put a line at the end of your post/signature saying where you are posting from.

Sponsored Links
Back