Supermarket Food

By all means, if you wish to state for example that you are British but living in, say, France then simply adjust your profile to say so.
Or retain your profile as it is and simply put a line at the end of your post/signature saying where you are posting from.

Most posters put hardly anything on their profile. The rule is you don't have to put anything if you don't want to. What does it matter anyway.?
They may be an alien residing amongst us who wish to post an opinion. That's all right isn't it?
I think mod8 telling people that the post was from a computer in England could be divulging information that should be protected. I would really like the mod to say why he thought it all right to to tell people that? I bet you £100 they doesn't answer because :oops:

Sponsored Links
I think it all depends on what you want or expect from the forum.
If you want or expect intelligent discussion then where or under what nom de plume, (or how many user names that you have/use), that you are posting should be commom knowledge.
However, if you wish to wind up or troll the forum, then you should expect your silly games to be kept private.

I, for one, am grateful to the mod(s) for divulgiing information that shows the poster for what they are.

I think it all depends on what you want or expect from the forum.
If you want or expect intelligent discussion then where or under what nom de plume, (or how many user names that you have/use), that you are posting should be commom knowledge.
However, if you wish to wind up or troll the forum, then you should expect your silly games to be kept private.

I, for one, am grateful to the mod(s) for divulgiing information that shows the poster for what they are.

I agree.
If you have nothing to hide then why hide it?

I would just like to congratulate Mod 8. :LOL:
Good on him........Why can't he have a say??? :LOL: .........Infact that goes for anyone?????

I've never been a fan of Mods and selective moderation.
B*stards in some cases. :LOL:
But the one time a Mod contributes to a thread he gets slagged. :LOL: :LOL:
You couldn't make it up... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Just my humble opinion but whoever Mod 8 is......Fair play to him..... :LOL:

Madness ....I love it. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
It makes absolutely no difference to me where the little effer resides unless he's claiming that his residence is qualification of his understanding of consumerism and/or British consumers. I note he hasn't the bottle to answer the question.

It makes absolutely no difference to me where the little effer resides unless he's claiming that his residence is qualification of his understanding of consumerism and/or British consumers. I note he hasn't the bottle to answer the question.

Of course not. Why bother as the troll has got you all talking about him / her / mod8. Why assume a male?

Why is mod8 a male also?

The troll has succeded hasn't he / she? At least mod8 tried to keep a lid on things.

Mr. W.

Consumers have a need for 'essentials' and a desire for 'luxuries'.... which i accept is a demand but that's an almost constant demand....

but what the marketing managers do is to try to increase demand (a), and create new demand (b).... so (a) they drop prices, draft in big stars for adverts etc, or (b) create products that spark new interest e.g. Wills and kate porcelain, or Matt Cardell hair gel.

Consumers in the UK have got used to comparatively low food prices, so even though goods are slowly becoming more expensive to produce, the supermarkets are managing to absorb some of the costs and keep the punters rolling in.

I admit to be shocked at how inexpensively you could buy clothes from places like Asda, for example. Some prices are ridiculous.

What you need to remember is these large supermarket chains make tiny profits from a huge amount of products being sold.

Why an American can't have an opinion about consumerism is beyond me.

We don't actually know that. All we do really know is that they where using a computer over here. MOD8 told us that. I don't know why they to had to tell us that. May be they thought it would be a valuable point that would keep the discussion on track. Perhaps if I ask nicely they would tell us more about this poster. So, what else can you tell us MOD8? also, now that you've 'popped up' why don't you add more to the discussion?

You won the war but lost the fight. I sometimes wonder why we bothered to save your sorry asses when you have thrown everything that was fought for over to the huns and the froggies.

I suspect that this was the bit that prompted Mod 8 to post the info'.

I also agree that Americans have a right to an opinion. But to post these types of comments under pretext of being American or in America is not in the spirit of the forum, IMO.

You won the war but lost the fight. I sometimes wonder why we bothered to save your sorry asses when you have thrown everything that was fought for over to the huns and the froggies.

to post these types of comments under pretext of being American or in America is not in the spirit of the forum, IMO.
It was done to antagonise. Something the Americans are very good at.... oops, better add, 'in my opinion', otherwise noseall might get confused.

It could have been a double bluff. Someone who is not fond of Americans trying to stir up a bit of dislike of them. ;)

In this case making comments under a false flag? In which case, a racist comment.

Who said an American can't have an 'opinion' on anything?

What qualifies you to make such observations of consumerism, apart from living in the land of grossly fat consumers of course? Further, what qualifies you to comment on 'British people' and their consumer preferences?
A little quick to jump down his throat when you thought a Yank was posting don't you think eh Blas? :rolleyes:

Who said an American can't have an 'opinion' on anything?

What qualifies you to make such observations of consumerism, apart from living in the land of grossly fat consumers of course? Further, what qualifies you to comment on 'British people' and their consumer preferences?
A little quick to jump down his throat when you thought a Yank was posting don't you think eh Blas? :rolleyes:
If someone is posting from ANYWHERE else in the world other than here and they're having a go a the British then yeah, I WILL 'jump down their throat'. I'm an nasty effer when someone has a go. I've tried to tone it down but can't help it.

Sponsored Links
Back