For the parents amongst you

Sponsored Links
its too early for a 21 month old to be in a bed and he will be up all night walking around

so let him walk whilst you sleep.... or better still... write to dear dedrie.......

How about some constructive advice? :rolleyes:

:D staple the feet of his babygro to the mattress......simples!!.... :D

...disclaimer...........no babies were harmed in the making of this post.....other advice is available.....please drink/gamble responsibly....terms and conditions apply!......

Sponsored Links

what... asking about babies on a diy site... i do understand its a general discussion... but asking a question like that on a site like this....

not fit to be parents....

So you are implying that because this is primarily a DIY site then anything in 'General Discussion' should only be about general diy?

what... asking about babies on a diy site... i do understand its a general discussion... but asking a question like that on a site like this....

not fit to be parents....

So you are implying that because this is primarily a DIY site then anything in 'General Discussion' should only be about general diy?

not at all conman... but surely asking advise about babies....

is surely better than blindly going into something you are unsure about with possible dire consequences for a child?

is surely better than blindly going into something you are unsure about with possible dire consequences for a child?

with some of the advise on here .... yes... surely its instinct.... mothers....

Motherly instincts don't come 'naturally' to every mother.
If it did there would be no clinical recognition of 'Post-Natal-Depression' would there?

Aren't babies constructed with a bit of DIY .

Of all the DIY jobs going that's got to be the best :D :D :D

Geraint i resent the comment that we are not fit to be parents. We were simply asking other parents how they did it, Having a baby has no set rules and timescales and we just wanted an opinion because all of our friends are giving us different advice.

Usually it may be too early for a 21 month old to be put in a bed, but our son is already developed to the stage of a 2.5 year old. He can use a potty, eats by himself with a fork/knife/spoon with no help at all from us, he can talk very well and even helps to put clothes in the washing machine and puts all his own dirty clothes in the wash bin! And at night time he is trying to climb out of the cot even at its lowest level and we are finding him balanced over the top bar at times.

Sorry i even posted about something not DIY i will not make the mistake again, but afterall the title of this forum is general discussion 'fed up of all that DIY talk, debate and discuss topical issues here'

so i take it as talk about anything other than DIY

Edited this post to make it clearer...

Geraint i resent the comment that we are not fit to be parents. We were simply asking other parents how they did it, Having a baby has no set rules and timescales and we just wanted an opinion because all of our friends are giving us different advice.

Sorry i even posted i will not make the mistake again.

And the site looses another good poster because of Geraint. :rolleyes:

.... who has now edited his post.

with our last one we had the cot next to our bed and put the side down when we went to bed, so in the middle of the night he would roll over the side and lay next to his mum and suckle ,that started at about 9 months ,he did this up until he was about 2 then he went into his own bed,he`s a strapping 23 year old now . :D

Sponsored Links
Back