Ford Focus central locking

ive just bought a focus 1.8 16v zetec i have the same prob,ive got probs with the central locking also changed fuse 62 and wat a bloody pain that was ,ive cleaned all terminals on key fob and nothing c,locking still not working ,i heard someone say that the doors u have to check the motors one by one is this so anyone!!!!!please :cry:

Sponsored Links
sorry DOH" i meant fuse 63!!!!!!im new to this focus thing,but ive owned a hell of alot of fords!!!any help would be greatfully recieved!!!!my boot release from inside wont work either and it keeps blowing the unlucky number "63" EVERYTIME I PUT ONE IN IT!!!!!!...NEED HELP PLEASE ..ANYONE!!!

ive just bought a focus 1.8 16v zetec i have the same prob,ive got probs with the central locking also changed fuse 62 and wat a bloody pain that was ,ive cleaned all terminals on key fob and nothing c,locking still not working ,i heard someone say that the doors u have to check the motors one by one is this so anyone!!!!!please :cry:

I found an interesting thing on internet for Ford Focus and it worked perfect.

If your key fob won't work but central locking works with key in door try this.

Put key in ignition and turn it to position "I"
Now you have to be quick with this. turn ignition lights on, position "II" and then back to position "I"
Do this 4 times within 6 seconds and you will hear a chime similar to when you open door with lights on.
Once you hear this chime press and hold in one of the buttons on your key fob until you hear the chime again.

Your key fob is now reset. Leave it about 5 seconds and try your fob.

i still cant put fuse in without it blowing!!!any suggestions please!!!!desperate for info or help!!!!

Sponsored Links
this is a post reply to LIBBY LOU LOU"if i do that what exactly am i trying to do ,is it to narrow it down to find out wat is making it blow,,u mean take evry fuse out and place them bck in one by one

today ive been mostly pixxing about with the car ..again much to my missus,not being amused,i first of all took all the plugs out of the fuse box the whole lot and the two cables from the siemens box under the steering wheel and left for roughly an hour ,then i took,yep!!! uve guessed it fuse"63"out and left them,now the alarm and horn were going on ,off ,on ,off mind u this is sunday,u know day of rest and all that blah!!blah!!,after that i got into the car and being bloody deffened by the alarm,,i connected the plugs back in all of them including the siemens box ones ,then put fuse "63! back in and all doors locked except 1 the drivers door,so least i know now its that little bugger,maybe the seliniod or motor,so ive at least narrowed it down,hooray,but not out of the woods yet ay!!!by the way when i did this my boot release from inside of the car worked ,mite get some of that grease spray first to see if this cheap tactic works ,hope this mite be of some help to anyone!!!!!

I tried the recommendation below

Look under the drivers side dashboard.
Under there attached on the right hand side right is a box which should say SIEMENS.
This is the remote control signal box.
Remove the cables attached to it and leave it for approx 1hr.
Go back to the car after an hour and put the cables back in.
Its an easy job and you cant go wrong.
It will work straight away.
Mines been fine and works perfect since

and it worked a treat, there are two plugin connectors which I removed for 1 hour, connected them back up and hey presto !!

I tried the recommendation below

Look under the drivers side dashboard.
Under there attached on the right hand side right is a box which should say SIEMENS.
This is the remote control signal box.
Remove the cables attached to it and leave it for approx 1hr.
Go back to the car after an hour and put the cables back in.
Its an easy job and you cant go wrong.
It will work straight away.
Mines been fine and works perfect since

and it worked a treat, there are two plugin connectors which I removed for 1 hour, connected them back up and hey presto !!

Absolutely Brilliant!

My key fob slowly started losing it's strength over the past year until the last two weeks it completely stopped working.

I thought it was the battery in the key fob which I had replaced over two years ago and I replaced again with a Duracell battery! but still no luck.

Then I decided to do a google search for the problem and found these solutions.

First I tried the key in the ignition method but this did not work.

Then I did the above and pulled out the two plugs (green and blue) from the Siemens "CONT.ASY-R/CONT LK & ALAM SYS MN" box and kept it unplugged for about an hour.

I then plugged the connectors back in and lo and behold the remote worked perfectly!

I can now unlock my car using the remote fob from across the road - something which I could not do before!

Thanks

FYI the part no. for the SIEMENS box is 98 AG 15K600 ED Picture attached.

NB. You do not need to remove (unscrew) the SIEMENS box as I did because it's a mission trying to screw it back!

Just bought a ford focus estate diesel 51 reg 2002 ( think its a mk 2) and neither of the front doors actually unlock with the keys (have 2 keys - not the remote type)
When i push in the keys in the front doors either passenger or drivers and turn the key to lock it, i hear the locking sound and it locks, i turn the key the other way and here the unlocking sound but it stays locked.
Once locked i have to go in via the rear estate door, this one unlocks fine.
The lock/unlock switch on the inside works perfectly locking and unlocking.
Have tried all the fixes on here ie: removing the 63 fuse and replacing it etc, have opened up the side panels and checked the rods and oiled them but cant force the rods to open the door manually.

Is it likely that both actual door locks are faulty or worn?

If so can i simply change the locks or is it a complete locks and electronic unit job?

i have a 2007 ford focus went to open the bonnet and it didnt do anything any ideas how i can get the bonnet open??

Did this spot on cheers
I found an interesting thing on internet for Ford Focus and it worked perfect.

If your key fob won't work but central locking works with key in door try this.

Put key in ignition and turn it to position "I"
Now you have to be quick with this. turn ignition lights on, position "II" and then back to position "I"
Do this 4 times within 6 seconds and you will hear a chime similar to when you open door with lights on.
Once you hear this chime press and hold in one of the buttons on your key fob until you hear the chime again.

Your key fob is now reset. Leave it about 5 seconds and try your fob.

Ok im getting a little pi**ed with mine now, i seem to have the problem child, i have a T reg 99 Focus 1.6 16v Zetec S and i have tried the fuse '63' but the fuse is ok i even tried replaceing it just in case, but no problems there, i checked and greased all the doors locks but they are fine, even tried the siemens solarnoid / reciever for the 1hr and still absalutely nothing!!! the boot will not pop unless u use the key, the fob does work but intermittently and not all the time does it unlock all the doors, u have to open all doors manually eg driver n passenger by key seperatley and then unlock back doors by popping the locks! the internal boot release dosent work either!!! hasent done since i owned it! the key works fine and the reciever picks it up but has never functioned properly. also if u try locking the car wilst inside it dosent lock all doors either, i have got a red lite on my dash that comes on after i do 30 mph that looks like a car with the doors open. like i said i have tried them all oh, and not forgeting the ignition 4 times on n off n even then i dont get any chimes!! sorry guys but HELP!! lol

know your feeling as i bought the car secondhand i dont even know whether it should have a key with a fob although from the picture i took of the unit I would say it should as part of the text on the unit says alarm sys.

I was only given 1 key which was worn and have had a duplicate made which is better but the doors, particularly the drivers door opens sometimes but not others, the diesel cap always works as does the rear hatch on the estate.

I have taken the next step and ordered the drivers door lock along with sending away the key for matching.

Strange though that i dont get the chime thing on mine, especially if it were the fob type.

My question is how would i know if mine is the model that should have the fob and it it should can i just buy a fob and program it?

I did this on my wifes smart car and she has a handy fob in her handbag she prefers that way as if the fob was stolen then there is no way of someone starting the car - although she is a bit paranoid because she had her bag lifted once!!

Not sure whether you can see the image i took of the unit in question as i have not added a folder and clicked view image before?

Fixed the wife's today. Disconnected the Seimens' control box and tackled the fuse 63 whilst this was waiting the prescribed hour. A couple of tips on the fuse box. REMOVE the glove box, not merely swing it down. It is only 3 screws and gives a little more elbow room. Also remove the tape holding the loom, just the one piece at the top. This gives more free loom to twist. Turning the fusebox to access the fuse is then much easier.
Did this in 1 hour, tried it, all worked except the dead-locks. Replaced the nearly new Lucas fob battery with another new one and all is perfect.

Sponsored Links
Back