Forum member bias

Sponsored Links
Yes, and???
It's a forum, nor a democratic republic.
The forum owner and mods can do what they want.
It's their kingdom and nobody can change their ways.
So challenging them is just wasted time.
Welcome to the wild world of the internet.
Accept that and you'll enjoy the forum a lot more.

Yes, and???
The forum owner and mods can do what they want.
It's their kingdom and nobody can change their ways.
So challenging them is just wasted time.
Welcome to the wild world of the internet.
Accept that and you'll enjoy the forum a lot more.
I don’t think Mottie was complaining about bias only asking people if they had noticed.

Is there bias?

I think we all perceive bias…..because we are biased.

Sponsored Links
I once said something controversial about a dead person years ago and was banned.

Since then, I have tried not to stray into controversy.

Yes, I've noticed that some forum members are biased. Would you believe that some of them are biased towards posting misinformation about COVID-19 on a DIY forum, of all places!
What about racism, the favourite subject of the biggest racist bigot of all?

This really. Any forum will usually have members that hold various views and opinions. Yes, some might be bias. Not really sure what the OP point is? Would be boring if we all thought the same and expressed the same views, no?

Would be boring if we all thought the same and expressed the same views, no?
Maybe but if we disliked the UK, loved the EU, were anonymous, rude, had a feeling of superiority, were a practicing schadenfreuder, claimed to be rich, successful and to pay more tax than the average person earned, hated old people and northerners, was narcissistic and egocentric then perhaps our posts would remain while any pointing out our faults would be removed. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Maybe but if we disliked the UK, loved the EU, were anonymous, rude, had a feeling of superiority, were a practicing schadenfreuder, claimed to be rich, successful and to pay more tax than the average person earned, hated old people and northerners, was narcissistic and egocentric then perhaps our posts would remain while any pointing our our faults would be removed. :rolleyes:
Perhaps the forums allows opinions, but not personal attacks or insults.

Can we not have a discussion without resorting to personal attacks, allegations and insults?

Well, you've only been a member on here for just over a month haven't you so you shouldn't really be aware of it. I'm sure you could find plenty of personal attacks, allegations or insults if you opened your eyes.
You think I can read the comments with my eyes closed? And your comment is contradictory. I shouldn't be aware of insults, but I could find plenty of them? :rolleyes:
I could probably point to just about any post by the usual suspects, even with my eyes closed, and I bet I'd find personal attacks, allegations and insults in their comments made in the last few days, never mind the last month.
And when I am reading the comments, you can bet your bottom dollar that it's always the very same posters that invariably descend to insults, especially when their arguments have been busted.
Only very recently a couple of threads have been locked because they descended into insults, and no attempt was being made to add to the discussion.
I'm sure you noticed, and I'm equally confident you are aware of why they were locked.
Yet you can just as equally bet your bottom dollar again that the very same posters will resort to such tactics again and again.
Maybe it's intentional to get the thread locked?

Edit: I notice you edited your comment to take out the contradictory part. :LOL:

Last edited:
You think I can read the comments with my eyes closed? And your comment is contradictory. I shouldn't be aware of insults, but I could find plenty of them? :rolleyes:
I could probably point to just about any post by the usual suspects, even with my eyes closed, and I bet I'd find personal attacks, allegations and insults in their comments made in the last few days, never mind the last month.
And when I am reading the comments, you can bet your bottom dollar that it's always the very same posters that invariably descend to insults, especially when their arguments have been busted.
Only very recently a couple of threads have been locked because they descended into insults, and no attempt was being made to add to the discussion.
I'm sure you noticed, and I'm equally confident you are aware of why they were locked.
Yet you can just as equally bet your bottom dollar again that the very same posters will resort to such tactics again and again.
Maybe it's intentional to get the thread locked?

Edit: I notice you edited your comment to take out the contradictory part. :LOL:
In a cyber sense, walk away, that's what I do, not that I've ever got into a huge argument with anyone on here. But when I sense minds are never going to meet, I just say 'last comment from me on this' either to a specific person or the whole thread.

Sponsored Links
Back