Fox Hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must admit the antis seem to be helping our course.

Prime Minister is right to question the Hunting Act

Sunday, 15 January 2012

In response to the David Cameron’s interview for BBC1’s Countryfile programme, in which the Prime Minister says: "I always thought the hunting ban was a pretty bizarre piece of legislation, I think there should be a free vote in the House of Commons... My problem has always been that it was just taking the criminal law into an area of activity where it didn't really belong";

Thanks peaps and friends :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I think a lot of them (lampers) use the farmers alledged plight to justify their killing sprees.

For the uneducated PC saboteurs and their sympathizers.

Lambs are normally breed for the table.
Their humane slaughter can be from 4 month onwards.

So take an average market value of £60- £80 the farm we went to tonight has in 2 days lost a potential earning of approximately £660 - £880.

Lambing has only just started around here, so if the cuddly killer is not controlled how much more will the farm lose in revenue.?

You think its fun legally tramping around fields in this weather, come and try it. Its a service that local farmers request us to carry out.

And guess what, we have never had any run in with local police. possibly because we are LEGALLY allowed acess on the land. The police don't have to waste time and valuable resource "keeping their eyes on us" because we have been legally issued with right to carry firearms.
Something not granted to a person with criminal record. ;) We go about our business quietly and avoid drawing attention to ourselves. We don't need to draw attention to ourselves, not like the anti brigades.

As for criminal prosecution, there have been more prosecutions agains the antis than any legally organised hunt or shoot.
Wonder why.

Why don't hunt men/women wear balaclavas and antis do.

Care to support the claim that antis have a higher conviction rate?
http://hsa.enviroweb.org/

Want to see video and photo evidence of hunt "security" and supporters with balaclavas wielding axes and hammers etc.?

Your rant about fox predation on lambs is just that, empty rant with no foundation to it at all.

Must admit the antis seem to be helping our course.

Prime Minister is right to question the Hunting Act

Sunday, 15 January 2012

In response to the David Cameron’s interview for BBC1’s Countryfile programme, in which the Prime Minister says: "I always thought the hunting ban was a pretty bizarre piece of legislation, I think there should be a free vote in the House of Commons... My problem has always been that it was just taking the criminal law into an area of activity where it didn't really belong";

Thanks peaps and friends :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You also show your lack of comprehension, you do know that he was referring to criminalising hunting didn't you?

All the same we are how far into this government and you are no closer to having this one repealed :rolleyes:

peaps, your such an angry self opinionated person, chill out or you might get a heart attack.

You do your thing and we'll keep legally doing ours.

The difference is, country sport contributes to rural economy your persistent clowning around doesn't.

Sponsored Links
I had three fox killers on my farm land about three months ago.
They didn't have my permission to be there and certainly didn't ask for permission.
It turned out I recognised and knew one of them (a blood thirsty townie) when I challenged them. Well I had to back down at that point and pull my horns in.

One of them had a club and was beating his own dog with it when I arrived. The fox met the same fate I would assume except fatal when it was dug out.

These guys were not there because they were concerned about the safety of the livestock on my land.
Its nothing more than a depraved bloodlust that they class as "sport" to fulfill some empty void in their lives imo.

norcon

1. Not having permission to be on the land means they were trespassing

2. You knew them as some townies. ????

3. You saw them clubbing their dog, yet you assumed they were about to club an unseen fox to death.

Its nothing more than a depraved bloodlust that they class as "sport" to fulfill some empty void in their lives imo.
Totally agree with you. The difference is I would not think twice about reporting them for beating their dog and the fact they were trespassing.

Why didn't you report them to the police :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Or is another example of antis propaganda.

Wow, your ability to comprehend what others write down is seriously lacking. I have never committed an act of violence against a person just because I disagree with them and for your information I condemn any acts of physical violence towards a person in the pursuit of animal welfare, so please let's be adult about this and not try to make it out to be something it isn't. :rolleyes:

So why boast about your criminality and threaten us with your legal team?

I'm not even going to bother to respond to the rest of your comments. Its pointless arguing with a fanatic who's mission is to spread their own brand of propaganda.

peaps, your such an angry self opinionated person, chill out or you might get a heart attack.

You do your thing and we'll keep legally doing ours.

The difference is, country sport contributes to rural economy your persistent clowning around doesn't.

Yes opinion based on fact not fiction.

"The evidence presented here summarises published work (1) and relates to question 11 in Alun
Michael MP’s document Hunting with dogs – issues of cruelty, utility and process.
The study was based on data collected between 1993 and 1996 from two Scottish hill
farms, one in Midlothian (farm 1) and one in West Perthshire (farm 2). Whilst the study
relates to Scotland, the conclusions are relevant to hill farming areas in England and Wales.
Data were collected on a number of characteristics of potential relevance to the fate of the
lambs, including the birth weight, birth rank, and maternal bonding score. Overall lamb
mortality rates from birth onwards were 10.2% for farm 1 and 9.3% for farm 2. Over the fouryear
study period, 16 lambs were confirmed as killed by foxes in total, and 13 of these were
from farm 1. The average rates of confirmed fox predation were 0.6% for farm 1 and 0.2%
for farm 2. The maximum annual financial losses to confirmed fox predation were 1.5% at
farm 1 and 0.6% at farm 2. The average proportion of total lamb mortality accounted for by
fox predation was 5.9% at farm 1 and 2.2% at farm 2. The results indicate that the rate of fox
predation on lambs is low, and that addressing other, more important, causes of lamb mortality
is of far greater significance for both the economics of production and animal welfare."

http://archive.defra.gov.uk/rural/documents/countryside/hunting/hh_1c_white.pdf

To cut a long story short, fox predation on lambs is low.

"The most effective method of fox control in urban areas is the motor vehicle. Almost 50 per cent of UK foxes are killed on the roads.

Some people think the Council should start culling foxes, but such a measure is not only extremely expensive and dangerous, it is also a complete waste of time and money. There was a nationwide program to cull foxes that ran for more than 30 years, but fox numbers did not noticeably decline."

"Some people believe the fox population is increasing but this is not the case. Fox populations are relatively stable and self regulating according to the availability of habitat and food."

http://www.rbkc.gov.uk/environmenta...ntalhealth/pestcontrolservice/urbanfoxes.aspx

So as we can see fox are self regulating....

you kill fox and create a vacuum that others fill, I think that's called banging your head against the wall..?

Better management of sheep get better results. Even keeping lamb indoors for a day after lambing dramatically increases lambs chances of surviving all causes of death ;)

And you profess to be a hunter yet you know sod all about the quarry you shoot/hunt...!

Instead of trying to wind people up it would be more of an advantage and support your case better if you bothered to engage in discussion, but you can't so you post unsupported dribble.

You also had a fanny fit about conviction rates and balaclavas but I see you didn't back that up either, I did, puts a different light on the subject...

I doubt very much you are shooting legally, probably a poacher since I have noticed it's a big problem in your neck of the woods.

Wow, your ability to comprehend what others write down is seriously lacking. I have never committed an act of violence against a person just because I disagree with them and for your information I condemn any acts of physical violence towards a person in the pursuit of animal welfare, so please let's be adult about this and not try to make it out to be something it isn't. :rolleyes:

So why boast about your criminality and threaten us with your legal team?

I'm not even going to bother to respond to the rest of your comments. Its pointless arguing with a fanatic who's mission is to spread their own brand of propaganda.

I wouldn't bother if I was you not until you learn how to read properly.

You can call me a criminal, extremist all you want it would be the truth, terrorist as legally defined by law can get you into trouble in civil court, I pointed that much out and not in your direction I might add.

Next

Want to see video and photo evidence of hunt "security" and supporters with balaclavas wielding axes and hammers etc.?

That's BRILLIANT!! I always thought fox hunting was bit boring and tame. Smashing the foxes to bits with hammers and axes would be amazing! Is it possible to train the dogs to sieze the foxes and hold them still while people kill the foxes with weapons?

norcon

3. You saw them clubbing their dog, yet you assumed they were about to club an unseen fox to death.

In the same way you assume fox kills? Unless you see every kill you have no way of knowing. Dogs kill many lambs and fox will feed off the carcass...

Simple fact is you try justify your lust for shooting an animal by claiming fox are a problem. It's not the case :LOL:

That's BRILLIANT!! I always thought fox hunting was bit boring and tame. Smashing the foxes to bits with hammers and axes would be amazing! Is it possible to train the dogs to sieze the foxes and hold them still while people kill the foxes with weapons?

It's all about hunt violence.

"On the 3rd of April 1993, Tom Worby, a 15 year old saboteur attending his first foxhunt protest, was crushed under the wheels of the Cambridgeshire FH's hound van in an incident all too reminiscent of the killing of Mike Hill two years before.

After a successful day's sabbing, the hunt had boxed up and sabs were making their way back to the meet down a narrow lane. As the hound van came up behind them, revving its engine, sabs scrambled for the roadside; however Tom's jacket became snagged in the vehicles wing mirror and he was dragged some distance before he managed to gain a foothold on the van's running board. Although he banged on the window the van kept going, and when Tom finally lost his grip, he fell onto the road and under the truck's wheels. His head was crushed by the rear wheels of the vehicle and he died shortly afterwards.

No action was taken against the driver of the hound van, 53-year-old huntsman ALAN BALL."

http://hsa.enviroweb.org/index.php/library/160-2decadesviolence

He was a great midfielder though, back in '66.

Northern Hunt Saboteurs Stop Dig-Out Of A Fox

Here sabs are preventing an illegal dig-out of a fox which had been hunted into an earth by the hounds of the York & Ainsty South hunt. Sabs stood their ground - taking several punches from the terrier men in the process. The terrier men eventually backed down and left. They returned to the earth a further two times that day to try and resume the dig-out but sabs stopped them each time and stayed there till dark to ensure they couldn't kill the fox. Five sabs were later arrested for "tresspassing to disrupt a lawful activity" and had all their changes dropped the day the were due to appear in court recently!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back