Fox Hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox are also self regulating so if you take a dominant dog fox out of the area you have an influx of other dog foxes coming in to fight out the new territory opened up for them. Vixens follow.

What a total load of rubbish :LOL: :LOL:
typical of the tripe and lies the LACS use.

ps.
Hope you don't work on the land that was reported to have injured, starving and diseased deer, and no care about animal welfare whatsoever.
Land bought and so called managed by your friends in the LACS.

A total disgrace and lack of knowledge on land management and maintaining healthy stock.

Never mind with the cash pot rapidly diminishing they are having to sell most of their assets to fund their pointless existence.

"Fox populations are self-regulating. They cannot over populate but will always breed back to replace numbers lost since the last breeding season. Evidence of fox numbers in the South East, is that there are up to 15% fewer foxes than there were in 1998."
http://www.dartford.gov.uk/animals/Foxes.htm

Fox numbers and territory size is based on the available food in the area, that's why we find a more dense population of fox in the towns and cities. In the rural areas fox territory is larger and the population is sparse in comparison to towns and cities.

Some 30/40 years or so ago town and cities used to shoot fox as a way of control but it was found to be useless in controlling fox numbers so it was dropped...

I find it hilarious that a hunter doesn't know even the basic facts about fox and their habits.

We can touch on the LACS and the spin spun by countryside alliance members who own land surrounding the deer sanctuary if you please.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your self opinionated reply, but ain't got any more time to discus your criminal activities.

Got to check out kit, charge batteries ready for some lamping later.

farmer now p155ed off, having lost 11 lambs since Friday (and its effin cold and snow on the hills, Brrrrrrr)
So we are going to exterminate a fox or two or three.

Want the tails for a trophy peaps.

Good luck Gremlin16.

As for our criminal, he wont change his views and finds it fun to kidnap and threaten to kill people by his own admission.

Lets see how he likes it when another nutjob runs around threatening people in the countryside and his family are involved. Might make him think how his victims families felt.

Only a matter of time if you do a bit of research
:rolleyes:

Thanks for your self opinionated reply, but ain't got any more time to discus your criminal activities.

Got to check out kit, charge batteries ready for some lamping later.

farmer now p155ed off, having lost 11 lambs since Friday (and its effin cold and snow on the hills, Brrrrrrr)
So we are going to exterminate a fox or two or three.

Want the tails for a trophy peaps.

Interesting read about lampers...

"Lamping, the night-time shooting of animals with the aid of strong spotlights that has, in the past two weeks, led to the death of one boy and serious injuries to another, is widespread and is increasingly used as a cover for illegal persecution of wildlife, an investigation by The Independent on Sunday has discovered."

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/lampers-are-the-thugs-of-the-countryside-6160584.html

Sponsored Links
Good luck Gremlin16.

As for our criminal, he wont change his views and finds it fun to kidnap and threaten to kill people by his own admission.

Lets see how he likes it when another nutjob runs around threatening people in the countryside and his family are involved. Might make him think how his victims families felt.

Only a matter of time if you do a bit of research

Do you think I haven't encountered people offering veiled threats on the internet before..? Water off a duck back my friend ;)

And besides I'm very well monitored by various police organisations (hush they don't know we know :rolleyes: ) keeping an eye on me and you would have be very good to get within 100m of my property un-noticed.

I think a lot of them (lampers) use the farmers alledged plight to justify their killing sprees.

However you support hunting with hounds?

I would like to see the type of hounds that you have seen hunt. Every hunt has a terrier support team for when a fox goes to ground after it's been chased up and down the dale terrified. When it find a place to hold up it's then confronted with terrier dogs terrifying them half to death causing injury. I can see you have not taken an active role in the hunt or you would know what goes on or you are just trying to have us all believe it never happens..

You do know that hunting and killing fox with hounds is also a criminal offence?

Lambs? fox do not go around killing lambs but they will take a sick one, it's not the norm. Fox that kill hens are doing it because they are allowed to get at the hens, if you keep hens then it's your responsibility to make sure they are safe. I keep hens, live in a very rural area but since the first fox attack I made sure the hens were safe.

You seem to know very little about the subject....

Intentionally killing the fox with hounds is in theory a criminal offence. However, how many people have actually been successfully convicted of it?

My hunt does not have the seperate pack of hounds you seem to think they all do.

Foxes will kill hens when they can because that is their nature. Foxes also take lambs, sick or not, and its certainly common around where i live. They'll pick off what they can.They are not the cuddly little animals you seem to think they are and they need controlling.

Hunting with hounds is, or was, quite an efficient way to do it.

You have no idea what i do or don't know. The difference is, i don't chose to try and ram my views down your throat with threats of legal action or wear my crimality as a badge of honour to imply that you be happy to commit violence against me if i chose to disagree with your views.

Oh and i see that you choose to not let the facts get in the way of your propaganda.

And besides I'm very well monitored by various police organisations (hush they don't know we know :rolleyes: ) keeping an eye on me and you would have be very good to get within 100m of my property un-noticed.

You shouldn't be 'kept an eye on' .....you should be locked up in a padded cell.

Whats a shotgun cartridge 2" ?

They were rifle bullets a registered gamekeeper used, my brother In law used his thumb and index finger to show the size 3".

Personally don't agree with what he did, but he argued foxes are a nocturnal animal and to hunt them during the day is ridiculous.

Id love to drag Alarm under the water with snared food everytime he tried to eat, yes it would be good sport at least that's what he'd have us believe. :eek:

Intentionally killing the fox with hounds is in theory a criminal offence.

You need to go read the act to get a better grasp of the law surrounding hunting mammals with dogs

However, how many people have actually been successfully convicted of it?

Yes the law is hard to police but the law has been a success, for instance before the law around 20 cases of hunting badger were taken to court and won but after the act 62 cases. The act wasn't just directed at hunting with hounds you know.

Hunting with dogs is illegal all the same

My hunt does not have the seperate pack of hounds you seem to think they all do.

If you would have read what I wrote you will have noticed I mentioned terriers and every pack that goes out has a dedicated terrier team, not another pack of hounds....

Foxes will kill hens when they can because that is their nature. Foxes also take lambs, sick or not, and its certainly common around where i live. They'll pick off what they can.They are not the cuddly little animals you seem to think they are and they need controlling.

What you say and what is reality on the subject is a different matter. Government statistics go against your theory when it comes down to it.

Hunting with hounds is, or was, quite an efficient way to do it.

Well no it isn't apart from the fact hunts have a very low kill count the biggest killer of fox are road vehicles and it has also fact that because fox are self regulating they will just move in and breed to fill the gap, fact.

You have no idea what i do or don't know. The difference is, i don't chose to try and ram my views down your throat with threats of legal action or wear my crimality as a badge of honour to imply that you be happy to commit violence against me if i chose to disagree with your views.

Wow, your ability to comprehend what others write down is seriously lacking. I have never committed an act of violence against a person just because I disagree with them and for your information I condemn any acts of physical violence towards a person in the pursuit of animal welfare, so please let's be adult about this and not try to make it out to be something it isn't. :rolleyes:

I think a lot of them (lampers) use the farmers alledged plight to justify their killing sprees.

For the uneducated PC saboteurs and their sympathizers.

Lambs are normally breed for the table.
Their humane slaughter can be from 4 month onwards.

So take an average market value of £60- £80 the farm we went to tonight has in 2 days lost a potential earning of approximately £660 - £880.

Lambing has only just started around here, so if the cuddly killer is not controlled how much more will the farm lose in revenue.?

You think its fun legally tramping around fields in this weather, come and try it. Its a service that local farmers request us to carry out.

And guess what, we have never had any run in with local police. possibly because we are LEGALLY allowed acess on the land. The police don't have to waste time and valuable resource "keeping their eyes on us" because we have been legally issued with right to carry firearms.
Something not granted to a person with criminal record. ;) We go about our business quietly and avoid drawing attention to ourselves. We don't need to draw attention to ourselves, not like the anti brigades.

As for criminal prosecution, there have been more prosecutions agains the antis than any legally organised hunt or shoot.
Wonder why.

Why don't hunt men/women wear balaclavas and antis do.

Whats a shotgun cartridge 2" ?

They were rifle bullets a registered gamekeeper used, my brother In law used his thumb and index finger to show the size 3".

Personally don't agree with what he did, but he argued foxes are a nocturnal animal and to hunt them during the day is ridiculous.

Id love to drag Alarm under the water with snared food everytime he tried to eat, yes it would be good sport at least that's what he'd have us believe. :eek:

Shooting with a lamp is very dangerous, it's very difficult to identify what you are shooting. It's harder than you think to get close to a fox with a lamp. Many areas are lamped to death and animals become "lamp-shy" and are off soon as you turn it on. Fox don't like to get too close to humans, rural foxes that is. Rabbits can be held in a squat if it hasn't been lamped before but if it get a scare it learns quick that bright light = trouble and they go hell for leather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back