Freddie Flintoff

I never quite get this - someone makes a name for themselves and gets paid a lot of money to do dangerous and stupid things - when that person gets injured why do they get compensation ?

It might be sad and all that, but it seemed quite predictable that someone would get injured at some point.
Pretty sure the presenters started wearing crash helmets after Hammonds accident in 2006, Flintoff not wearing one would have considerably reduced his damages, my guess is the beeb wanted to settle to protect their reputation.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Hmm Did Flintoffs ego/bravado get the better of him and decided to not use a helmet for the cameras and that's why accepted the beebs money rather than get the insurers involved.
Can't see the insurers insuring somebody not wearing a helmet in those conditions.

I never quite get this - someone makes a name for themselves and gets paid a lot of money to do dangerous and stupid things - when that person gets injured why do they get compensation ?

It might be sad and all that, but it seemed quite predictable that someone would get injured at some point.
They probably have an insurance proviso in place, so that big earning stars, have a fall-back plan. For those that put themselves in danger, etc.

Sponsored Links
Christ, he still doesn’t look too good nine months after his accident on Top Gear. I hope the BBC are going to compensate him.

To be fair to the BBC - he took on a well paid job with the BBC, which any reasonable person would understand involved a lot of risk of accidents. He took a gamble, and lost.

AAh yes, BBC Studios. Let me see now where does all their money come from to invest in all these programs that makes lots of money for . . . Hmm, now let me see where does all that money go to . . . .

It exists primarily to hide the humongous salary payments made to all those "self employed" stars.

His payment doesn't come from the license fee.

The accident was reported as being at low speed.

They have done some stupid things. Remember the one where they were dragged behind a car sliding on the soles of their boots? 80mph or so..

Sponsored Links
Back