free standing cooker amps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi ive been offered a free standing cooker double oven and gas hob which is an electrolux and high spec £800 from lewis's.

now im hoping to replace a single fan slot in job.

but before i cut work tops trash units and all that .
do i need a 30 amp supply for the new cooker as it has one at the moment or will it run off a 13amp plug.

the slot in i have is just a plug into the wall socket on the ring main.

ive already got 2 30amp feeds for showers so im not going to be able to get a 30amp supply to this cooker without a box upgrade which is not happening

thanks for any thoughts on this

Sponsored Links
Give us a chance! You'll have to tell us the rating of the appliance. It will be on the rating plate.
Or at least say what the model number is!

I would have thought that Lewis would be able to tell you all that.

You won't be able to plug it in if its rated at more than 3KW.

is it still having a gas hob? or are you going all electric?

if it's all electric then you'll definitely need a bigger feed, if it's just an electric oven then as said we need the electrical specs..

Sponsored Links
ah, yes. time for a new set I think..
don't know why, but I read it as "....replacing a free standing cooker double oven and gas hob with an electrolux and high spec £800 from lewis's"...

:rolleyes: :eek:

That info give Kilowatt hours, but that is no good as we need to know the actual instantaneous load.
Either in Kilowatts or amps.

Call John Lewis and ask them.

That info give Kilowatt hours, but that is no good as we need to know the actual instantaneous load.
Either in Kilowatts or amps.

Call John Lewis and ask them.

actually quite a good site.. it gives a link to the instructions in PDF.. found the info on there..

ah well that's that then

thanks for your help ;)
you might want to ask over in the plumbing section as well..
I think it's not allowed for a gas fitter to fit a second hand cooker.. but they'll be able to tell you more..

ah well that's that then

thanks for your help ;)
you might want to ask over in the plumbing section as well..
I think it's not allowed for a gas fitter to fit a second hand cooker.. but they'll be able to tell you more..

that just about sums this fooking country up :confused:

and why i only do private work now as the stupid regs these day's are just pathetic :mad:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back