Fuel from mower air filter

Has it got a plastic pilot jet under the plastic slow speed screw like some Honda's.
Has the rod between carb and governer arm been bent at all

Sponsored Links
It could have the plastic one - which is pushed into place and has two O rings - or under a brass philips screw, same place.
i don’t think we’ve had a pic of this one yet.
John :)

Not sure where to look for this plastic part so I will take the carb off now & take some photos.

Under the plastic screw IMG_20210708_201701586.jpg

Sponsored Links
Ok found it.
Taken carb off and removed / replace all its parts again. Float, needle etc.
Ive removed and sprayed it now with carb cleaner.

Awaiting some fibre washers for the 10mm bolt which holds float bowl in place then I will start it up.

This issue would say lack of fuel or blockage but I’ve had it apart twice now.

Is there anything else it could be ?
I can’t see it myself but clutching at straws now.

Just to confim, you spayed through the tiny hole in the end of the jet and spray came out if either if the larger side holes I always doulble make sure its clear with one of the small nozzle cleaners I posted a pic of the othe week

The hole is so small spray went every where but I did blow through it after.
I got the feeling it was clear when blowing.
I also sprayed where I pulled it out of the carb.

When you pulled the plastic jet out, did you squirt carb cleaner down the recess that was left, and how about the hole to the side of the carb venturi?
Make sure the jet is firmly pushed back in when you’re done.
John :)

I sprayed the black plastic part i pulled out & also through the brass item inserted in the bottom of it.
I then sprayed where it lives in the carb.
I also sprayed all the holes in the carb.
I can also blow through where the inlet fuel hose fits & can feel it coming out of the carb.
Removed main jet & cleaned also tapping the carb the brass tube that sits below jet came out & sprayed all the tiny holes as well/

If this mower runs ok on choke then the issue can only be tickover jet / slow running jet ?

Like i say screwing the black screw all the way in doesnt do much if anything.
I was thinking of maybe finding a longer screw to replace the black plastic one.

I wouldnt be confident that jet was clean unlessyou could see the the nozzle cleaner through cross holes, this vid seems to match your symptoms

Ok
I’ve watched the video so tomorrow I will find something to put up the hole.
Then advise from there.
Thanks.

The hole in that jet is only around 0.3mm , too small for most wire brush wires. As you seem to dabble in the resurrection if the dead it may be worth looking at some of this guys vids, this one is pertinent in part to yours.
Nozzle cleaners:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133595454890

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I’ve now confirmed it’s clear by spraying it again with carb cleaner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back