Mower coil resistance value

Still not too happy, is it.....
See if you can get the engine to run slow, courtesy of the spring loaded screw on the top of the carburettor.....turn it in so the engine runs too fast at idle, and then unscrew it a little - this prevents the governor of the engine working overtime.
If still no joy, are you able to remove the emulsion tube? Often you can shake it loose by tapping the dip tube fairly sharply on a piece of timber.
You really need an aerosol of carburettor cleaner and a compressed air supply to achieve 100% cleaning.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Is the emulsion tune just hollow as if it is it’s clean 100%

or is there bikes in the side of it.

Ive turned that screw in and out but didn’t make any odds as then lever that hits it thus connected with road and spring to that arm is just opening then closing all the time.

You'll notice that the throttle is constantly being opened and closed by the governor, hence the engine speed going up and down.
Try screwing the throttle stop IN so the engine isn't allowed to stall...if necessary hold the carb throttle against the stop by hand.
We need to determine if the engine will run steadily but slowly....if it won't do this then the pilot jet / fuel supply is restricted somewhere.

Well thats it for today now ive dropped the spark plug down the drain.

Basically emulsion tube will not come out but i can easily with eas pass wire through one end and see it come out the other.

Remove the brass jet that screws in the top & soaked it in carb cleaner.
With the screw all the way out the mower didnt really want to start.
The screw is now screwed all the way in so the spring is fully compressed.
I managed to start it after a few pulls & primer bulb presses but managed to keep engine running but only by moving the lever about.

After say 2 minutes and warm i was able to cut the grass with it but at times it did sound like it was going to stall but then picked up.

I would be confident to say its 100% fixed but 80%

I checked the plug of which was clean then down the drain it went.

Later i will put up a video to let you see /hear it running etc.

If the revs can be brought up i think we will be ok but like i say the spring / screw on top the carb is now screwed righ tin

many thanks for your time with this issue

Sponsored Links
Yes, I agree with you - the emulsion tube is above the main jet and has quite a few cross drilled, very fine holes. With the main jet out, the emulsion tube should (ha) drop out.
Anyway with this one - with the main jet in at 90 degrees I would suspect the emulsion tube is solid and is a press fit into the venturi.....so long as nothing has fallen out :eek: Anything there would be held by a screw thread anyway.
If the tickover screw has been screwed right in then its a blockage in either the slow running jet or the passages leading to it.....compressed air is so useful here.
I've never come across a Huyai carb before, I have to say and if I could find an ebay one I think I'd go for it.

The emulsion tube must be pressed in. There is no slot for a screwdriver.

The slow running jet is the brass item screwed down from the top.
This jet is in the fuel line inlet.
With the jet removed I can place a piece of wire through the inlet pipe and I can see it no problem when I look done through where I just removed the jet.
I can also put the wire from the float bowl area up into the same hole so I’m happy all is clear.
The jet has been cleaned again and I can put the wire through two holes at a time no problem. There are three holes and all are clear.

The hunting would a basket cause that ?

Or would an air leak cause that ?

I don't think you have an air leak problem here, the hunting is due to lack of fuel.
However, looking for the carb picture of where the air filter bolts onto the carb body.....notice the tiny two brass inserts to each side of the main venturi?.....These are air access ports for slow running and must be clear - squirt carb cleaner down them to see.
Now....just to complicate things. Look for a tiny drilling into the venturi, just down stream of the throttle butterfly. If there is one, it needs to be clear. This is where the slow running fuel gets drawn into the engine.
I have to stress, not all carbs have this feature.

Monday I will apply carb cleaner to the items marked with blue arrows.

Had enough now last couple of days so tomorrow is a day off.

Attachments

• ED05B3AE-5EA9-47B3-8D16-23D64B3DB29D.jpeg
    ED05B3AE-5EA9-47B3-8D16-23D64B3DB29D.jpeg
    126.5 KB · Views: 207
Afternoon.
Neighbours must think I’m nuts.
Sat listening to the mower which isn’t missing a beat.
Last night left foam air filter element is cup of fuel.
Cleaned everything with brake cleaner.
Pumped primer say 5 times as opposed to recommend 3 & 2 pulls of the cord and it started.
A little surging at first but then to me sounds fine.

New spark plug & small fuel inline filter in the post to me.

what’s think ?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O0cSY3hXoPffI8FZvTdlXup7M6QVwA0u

I’m using a small rectangular one designed for small motorcycle engines.

I cut the grass & whilst emptying the grass box it stalled without warning.

Put grass box back on and continued but it did it again.

I swapped over the coil but did it again.
Hopefully be ok when new plug arrives.

Plug & Fuel filter arrived this morning & now fitted.
Pressed the primer say 5 times & pulled cord say 20 but nothing.
Squirt of brake cleaner & started straight away but once that was burnt etc it stopped.
Pain to then get it started.

After 10 minutes i got it going only by pressing the primer / pulling the cord like normal.
It ran fin for at least 10 minutes then i stopped it.

30 minutes later pain to start again.

So

Ive swapped coil with another a few times.
Run it with cut out switch wire connected / unconnected.
Run with & without air filter / housing.
Run it with fuel tank cap on / off
Cleaned fuel tank out & also the filter in bottom of tank but both spotless

There cant be a blockage in the carb as ive cleaned it now 20 + times.
When it runs it runs fine so that also tells me there isnt a blockage.

Why does it decide to start playing games ?
I would assume that once its started it should run untill all the fuel is gone.

Does amount of fuel in the tank i mean weight have any impact on starting / running etc.
I mean a full tank of fuel is heavier than 1/4 of a tank so the weight / gravity pushes it where it needs to be ?

I see the writing EASY START on it but i stumped for why its a pain.

I cant see a carb etc on ebay BUT i dont see a reason to get one when all the above reasons doesnt contribute to say this is damaged i need to be replaced,like when its running it cant just fix itself then decide to be ill ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back