Mower coil resistance value

Just managed to look at it today.
Ive attaches the photos.

the small hole shown to the left of the red primer is where I would say excess fuel comes out. It then goes into the nylon spacer block then onto the floor. I assume an overflow system.

there is also an arrow that is horizontal pointing at a brass plug. This screws into the side of the vertical tube of which the needle jet is sat in. This brass plug does nothing as the hole it screws into is solid.

the bass jet etc that I’m holding has 2/3 hole at staggered positions so I am unable to look through them but I did leave it in fuel for an hour.

blowing with my mout or air line I feel no resistance as in any kind of blockage.
Picture 1, an air bleed.
Picture 2, small brass air supply holes to the slow running jet.
Picture 4 with the red arrow pointing to the main jet, on the side of the dip tube.
Picture 5, the slow running jet.
Everything looks fine, but I’ve never seen a carb the same as this but it is similar to some Tecumseh models.
John :)

Sponsored Links
You mention choke.
I has put the parts back as i found them so lets assume the person before put then back in the wrong order thus creating a air gap of cutting off a hole etc.

Attached is fron & rear of carb also gaskets / block removed.

Where would you fit the block ?
Engine to carb or carb to air filter ?

Cant go by markings on gasket just in case these were impressioned by fitting them wrong
No choke! Excess fuel blown in by the primer bulb.
Fit the block between carb and engine. Use the black block and red gasket.
Green gasket between air filter and carb
Blue gasket fitted onto the face of the second carb pic.
These are my guesses anyway.....do you think the carb has been removed before?

I dont know if carb has been removed but there was no air filter cover or air filter but at a guess YES

Gaskets are all the same colour.
Ive fitted it again but still wont start.
Ive poured some fuel into carb with air filter removed & it started fine.

So if the fuel is entering the carb as we know because it comes out of pipe fine & also we did the test with raising the float etc the problem lies from getting from there to enging.

If the engine will not start like now as its cold i need to use primer correct ?

What if the primer isnt working as it should.
Ive pressed the red primer bulb 50 times & still it wont start & also no fuel leakage etc.

So my question is could the primer bulb be the issue if not working correct ?

The colour gaskets I refer to are the colour of your arrows in your picture.
When you press the primer bulb you need to see fuel coming out directly into the carb venturi.....at the very top of the pipe I called the dip tube, where the small brass main jet screws into the side.
So, with the carb off the engine but still held horizontal, pumping the primer should give you a drench of fuel through the main venturi of the carb.

Sponsored Links
Ive now left it on the engine until tomorrow.
Attached a new photo.

With the carb on or off the engine and pressing primer bulb i should see fuel or a mist of fuel in the area as if i was looking straight through carb ?

I will check this but if i have pressed the primer 50 times you should smell fuel ?? because i dont

Attachments

• 383.jpg
    383.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 216
Morning,
When operating that primer & with the carb on or off i see NO fuel beeing sprayed.
I went to the chemist & purchased a small syringe and put it where the primer screws into the carb,thinking it was only there to blast some air into the carb thus moving some fuel about, This also didnt produce any fuel.

Ive now got the carb off and it bits again.
Im interested to see where this blast of air enters the float bowl with fuel area & then where the fuel leaves to come out that part you mention.

In the attached image whats the purpose of the brass item shown because ive unscrewed it expecting to have a hole in it but no.
Its not blocked as i can see metal and also feel metal when i try to clear it as if it was blocked.

The fuel cant enter that vertical part going up the middle as that is plugged with a 10mm bolt whent the float bowl is held in place.

Attachments

• 386.jpg
    386.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 225
Hi,
The carb has been cleaned again & with a very small piece of wire ive poked in all the holes.
The item arrowed in the photo of which i see no point as to why its there or its purpose was left out.
After a few pushes of the primer bulb & pulling the cord 8 times etc it started.
This video is currently with the air filter off.

It ran but ok rough but it did run for say 3 minutes then i put the air filter on it died straight away.
Carb apart again & the pointless item replaced.
13,14,15 pulls of the cord but nothing.

See video of it running here by clicking the link https://drive.google.com/file/d/17DXDuDLhSqkmx3fdAYmtJKHgM7UjHBOG/view?usp=sharing

Morning,
When operating that primer & with the carb on or off i see NO fuel beeing sprayed.
I went to the chemist & purchased a small syringe and put it where the primer screws into the carb,thinking it was only there to blast some air into the carb thus moving some fuel about, This also didnt produce any fuel.

Ive now got the carb off and it bits again.
Im interested to see where this blast of air enters the float bowl with fuel area & then where the fuel leaves to come out that part you mention.

In the attached image whats the purpose of the brass item shown because ive unscrewed it expecting to have a hole in it but no.
Its not blocked as i can see metal and also feel metal when i try to clear it as if it was blocked.

The fuel cant enter that vertical part going up the middle as that is plugged with a 10mm bolt whent the float bowl is held in place.
Lets deal with this picture first.
The red arrow is pointing at the main jet, screwed into the dip tube. When the motor is running properly, all fuel passes through this.
The red arrow is covering the brass needle jet, but of course you are well aware of that.
Dead centre is the dip tube, part of the carb casting. Dead centre of that is the brass emulsion tube.....tapping the carb body may allow it to drop out, maybe not if its tight.
See the small hole at 8 o'clock? That's where the primer button pulse of air comes into the float chamber. So - when you press the primer bulb, fuel is pushed through the main jet , up the dip tube, through the emulsion tube and into the carb venturi.
Is the main jet clear?

Hi,
The carb has been cleaned again & with a very small piece of wire ive poked in all the holes.
The item arrowed in the photo of which i see no point as to why its there or its purpose was left out.
After a few pushes of the primer bulb & pulling the cord 8 times etc it started.
This video is currently with the air filter off.

It ran but ok rough but it did run for say 3 minutes then i put the air filter on it died straight away.
Carb apart again & the pointless item replaced.
13,14,15 pulls of the cord but nothing.

See video of it running here by clicking the link https://drive.google.com/file/d/17DXDuDLhSqkmx3fdAYmtJKHgM7UjHBOG/view?usp=sharing
The smoke the engine is making is either due to excess fuel (if the smoke is black) or oil in the exhaust system (if the smoke is blue).
Did you leave the main jet out here? I suspect you did!

Wait.
Look at my attached photo to make sure were both talking about the sam item,ignor red arrow this time.
I am refering to the green arrow which screws into that tube at 90 degrees,there is no hole in this brass screw,
Im not talking about where the blue arrow is point as when i put the piece of wire through that part i then see it coming out of where you said the spray of fuel should be.

Neddle jet works fine & shuts off fuel when float is lifted.
The brass emulsion tube is clear in respect of me putting wire in one end & it comes out the other end BUT i havent taken it out so is there holes in the side of it ?

The hole at 8 o clock is also free & not blocked as my wire passes through it with ease.

So going by what you have said air comes from primer bulb & out the hole at 8 o clock.
It then passes through the item now arrowed with the green arrow.
Up that middle emulsion tube & out the brass piece you mentioned spray of fuel about.

Is that correct BECUASE wht you say is the main jet is solid with no hole ?
I poked / scrapped it for a while and nothing id moving at all.

Attachments

• 394.jpg
    394.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 197
Yes that part you call the main jet was left out when running in the video.
I can smell say meths / turps though.

I will remove the exhaust and burn it off.

I will also get a photo for you to look at what you call the main jet as this maybe where the issue is,be back in 15 minutes

The green arrow shows the main jet, screwed in. It should have a small hole in the centre.
The blue arrow points to the emulsion tube.
Great graphics!

My mistake,ive now managed to poke something blocking that main jet,must of been grit.

Ive also burnt out the exhaust.

Now new video.
It starts but rough etc.
When it stalls i can pull the cord without using primer bulb & it does the same again,runs for a while dies,pull to start no problem.

see here click this link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ve23wXz0_vZR8h6FsmfM0tpZxIBxLy3F/view?usp=sharing

Can you advise the hunting

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back