Fuel from mower air filter

At this point I don’t want to touch any screws.

I just need to know the set up procedure.
So choke butterfly closed inside carb.
Lever set to carb then do up outer cable sheath.

The bit I get stuck with is knowing if I need to move the outer black sheath away or towards the carb when I need to adjust.IE making it shorter or longer.
Same goes for where I cut the inner wire off.

Sponsored Links
Because 2 cables were broken & also recoil spring snapped.
I also had him start it & sounded perefct.

Sponsored Links

Attachments

• 2535.jpg
    2535.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 69
  • 2537.jpg
    2537.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 65
There is a tiny bit of adjustment there, the inner cable is pulled to work the choke so move the outer cable back in its clamp. If that's not enough then further adjustment will need to be made at the throttle lever end if possible.
John :)

What im asking for is where to position the lever & choke flap in respect of then doing up the screw.

Ive since taken this off again to check things out so now starting again

If the choke position has a detent, place the lever there or get someone to hold it.
With the air filter off and clamp screw loose,slide the outer one way or tother until you see the choke flap shuts, tighten the clamp screw...check for correct operation and repeat if necessary

Looking at the lower picture, the choke is almost fully on so moving the outer cable back in its clamp should suffice.
John :)

Rain has stopped so 1/2 hour with this mower.
I got the mower to run & tickover at a higher rev now but still needs some more adjustment.

This is where i am.

With it running the throttle lever is pretty much near the HARE logo.
If i start to move the lever back to the TORTOISE you just know its not going to tickover & will stall so you need to put it back to the HARE.

The screw in the photo with YELLOW arrow, if i unscrew it the revs come up & if i screw it down then the revs go down.
Reason being the plate below it uses it as a stop etc.

So this is where im at but not sure how to proceed with regards of it not beeing able to run / tickover if lever moved towards TORTOISE

Attachments

• 2545.jpg
    2545.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
The screw in the photo with YELLOW arrow, if i unscrew it the revs come out & if i screw it down then the revs go down.
Reason being the plate below it uses it as a stop etc.

Not sure what you mean by 'come out' above, but it is the throttle stop screw. Screwing it further in/ down/ clockwise has the same effect as the 'hare' - it should speed the tick-over up.

Just changed it to UP as it was a typo.

In my case if i screw it down so i then push the lever / plate you can see in photo the revs go down not increase.
The revs increase if you unscrew it.

So going by what you said why is it backwards ?

That looks like arrow points to a maximum rev adjustment, tick over screw is usually on the carb.
Which could be why you think its working ar$e about face

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back